Notices

Tax Headache and I Want to DRINK

Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tax Headache and I Want to DRINK

I'm just about over it now and anyways it is snowy and icy out there, but I just want to get it off my chest.

I owe 3400$ this year. I knew this would happen. I quit my job in December of 2011 and pulled a bunch of money out of my 401K in order to live. I didn't withhold enough to cover all the taxes and I knew I wasn't. I did my 2012 taxes online but then held them and didn't file because I didn't want to have to pay that money until the very last minute.

In the MEANTIME some a--wipe somehow got ahold of my SSN and falsely filed in my name. He thinks he's getting a big refund, does he/she? Well, I called the IRS and they told me I'd have to file an affidavit along with proof of identity with my tax return. They neglected to mention that I could NOT e-file because my tax return wouldn't be accepted due to the duplication. So tonight I finalized my return and *voila!* my tax return won't go through.

I ended up paying the money I know I owe the IRS using one of their online services. And I'll have to file tomorrow or the next day with the affidavit. I hope to hell that I don't have to pay penalties.

I'm feeling stressed and sorry for myself and a fifth of vodka from that liquor store right across the street would be NICE. AAAHHHHHHH~!!!! just saying

Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your hassles but they sound like they can be pretty easily fixed?

However good it might sound now, a drink would be a really bad idea when you woke up tomorrow....

D
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Could you possibly file for a extension while you sort thru this?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Sry to hear that Miya but as dee said u'll regret tomm when u wake up & realize u still have the prob on u're hands & gave alc another chance to beat u
I'm struggling financially too but I'm glad I know now that if I want to change the way I feel, I run to the Word & meditate on some verses or go to a meeting
Hope things work out for u
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't drink over the tax man or woman. They tax alcohol too so it's just paying them more money. That alone is enough to keep me sober just out of stubbornness. I've been there too. The out of job, 401k, etc etc. Just sent them another chunk. Hang in there.