Notices

Relapsed again...:(

Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed again...:(

Hello everyone,

things have been going okay lately I suppose. Been a month I have not touched the drink, but I relapsed 2 weeks ago and even though not every day but drank a lot in the last 2 weeks. Yesterday I was having a beer at 9am. Disturbing, at point I had nightmares and cold sweats yesterday. Starting to feel my stomach getting inflamed. Was thinking about going cold turkey again but also thinking maybe having 1-2 beers a day to get that feeling out. Over the last months my relationship with my wife deteriorated I have tried to make it better but there's not much improvement. If we argue I drink. If I drink we argue works like this.

AA meetings finally came to my town i just found out today, thinking about going.

Thank you
Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you want change make change Sup3r10r - you're worth the effort
Go to that meeting...it's a step in the right direction

D
Old 04-15-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Going without alcohol is difficult once you've become addicted, but you can do it. You don't need it, and you're better off without it. You know this!

Plus, it sounds like you'll never get the situation with your wife worked out while you're on the sauce.

Best of luck!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sup3r1or View Post
If we argue I drink. If I drink we argue works like this.
It sounds like the key to fixing that one is to not drink when you argue. I found when I looked closely at the reasons I drank, or my 'triggers', that it was pretty much 'x happened, I drank'. There was no rhyme or reason to it. I was just drinking no matter what.

Meeting sounds like a fab idea. Have you talked to a doctor too? They might be able to give you something other than beer to help you through the rough patch x
Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=sup3r1or;3917761] Was thinking about going cold turkey again but also thinking maybe having 1-2 beers a day to get that feeling out. /QUOTE]

I know that horrible feeling and I am sorry you are going through that!

Did you know that there are doctors that will give you take home detox meds? Someone in my sponsorship circle just did this for three days to come off of alcohol at home and it was SO MUCH better than her trying to tough it out alone. She slept a lot of the time.

I encourage you to go to AA and get a sponsor and start working the steps. It will change your life.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been where you are. Hang in there. Not sure what to do about the withdrawals, I just know that if it were me I could never stick to "just 1 or 2". What I will say is that for the past few years my relationship with my husband deteriorated greatly due to my drinking, but I always thought it was his fault. I continued to find additional reasons to be resentful and pissed off. Whenever I have a stretch of sobriety I find that most of my problems go away and life is so much better. Hang in there, all the best. PG