Notices

Worthless day but i gave it 100%

Old 04-14-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worthless day but i gave it 100%

SR, I love you. Today was slightly terrible. My mood was alright, aside from intermittent anger and frustration. I made it home without committing any crimes that would land me in prison. So, Im feeling pretty good about that.
No drinking, but a lot of f bombs being dropped. Im just glad to be here and to let you know that even though I think today was worthless, I am sober.

I feel safe now that i am typing into cyber space and checking in with you all. The beat goes on!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Some days really suck. Good job staying sober.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for making it through a tough day, Mizzuno!

(By the way, I thought "f-bombs" meant "fart bombs" until I was in my mid-20's. Ha! I thought it was strange that people would do that when they were upset.)
Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have those days too. Bad attitude, bad language, bad day, life sucks. I know that I really need to work on that $h!+, be a better person, let God shine in my life, surrender and say the serenity prayer a thousand times, but some days life just sucks.

But thank God, these days a suck day when I stay sober is a major victory, and I too feel a sense of relief when I can sit down sober and log in to Sober Recovery. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The day is now behind you. You stayed sober so in reality it was a very good day.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally3127 View Post
The day is now behind you. You stayed sober so in reality it was a very good day.
Right! I am so grateful that the day is over and I can move on. I can see my strength in the fact that I made sure, no matter what, to give it my best and to not run away from the situation, as horrid as it was. Slowly but surely, it all came to an end.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yay for making it through today Mizzuno! Nicely done!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

So sorry it was such a crappy day. Maybe you just got your Monday over with a day early. Some days you just have to slog through an hour at a time until they end. Others you wish they were longer. May you have more of those in the future

Handling all the crap sober is the best thing you could have done for yourself so good job!!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, Mizzuno, there must be something in the air, cause the same seems to be happening to me.

Between yesterday and today, I've cried a lot, threw some stuff around, and didn't handle some sticky situations well.....but I didn't give in to have a drink!

I know that will be the worst thing to do. I'm feeling better tonight, and I think I've passed that hurdle. Thank God we have tomorrow to look forward to, and we'll feel so much better than what could have been!

Good luck in this journey, there's lots of us out here going through the same thing. That gives me some comfort, at least.....

Peace,
~Heartfan
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Up's and down's still happen, it's how we deal with them that counts .

Bestwshes, M
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hugs Mizzuno!! I had a day like that a week ago, and I didn't cope nearly as well as you have ~ I came on here and sobbed my heart out. Whatever. The point is I didn't drink and neither did you.

Isn't it amazing the tools we are developing to handle the stuff life throws at us? Remember how hard it was to handle anything when we were drinking?

Good job today...well done you!!

Love Venus xx
Old 04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chuck48 View Post
Good for you for making it through a tough day, Mizzuno!

(By the way, I thought "f-bombs" meant "fart bombs" until I was in my mid-20's. Ha! I thought it was strange that people would do that when they were upset.)
I think this is funny enough to make anyone giggle on the worst of days. I am glad you were able to survive the outside world, (at least that's how it feels to me on those terrible no good very bad days), and make it safely to the support of your sober cyber family Tomorrow is going to feel so much better!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karissaleigh View Post
I think this is funny enough to make anyone giggle on the worst of days. I am glad you were able to survive the outside world, (at least that's how it feels to me on those terrible no good very bad days), and make it safely to the support of your sober cyber family Tomorrow is going to feel so much better!
Right. Today i was safe in the security of my home. My kittens were playing, i was doing school work and all was well in the world. Bates Motel is on tonight!! Very exciting!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Kittens make everything ok
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Very glad that old habits were kept at bay. Well done.