Notices

Hanging by a thread at times.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hanging by a thread at times.

Im 47 and I recently completed 4 days of detox. I am taking Campral and antabuse. I have 24 days sober today but my mind is want to drink and so the plans start rolling through my head. I found this sight by accident while trying to find out how long the antabuse will stay in my system. I know not good, but that is just how im feeling at the moment.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jules

Hi kx. Welcome to SR. Its a great site with very helpful people and info. I'm sorry for how you feel right now. I know its a crappy place to be, been there myself. I know it doesn't get any better out there drinking. Each time going through detox just gets worse. Are you working any kind of program of recovery?

I'm still early in recovery but have been going to AA and I do enjoy the meetings. For me just stopping drinking doesn't seem to work, I have to "do" something. I'm still working it out though.

Best wishes to you. You can do this.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, kx. You CAN do this! There are a lot of wonderful amazing people right here who are not drinking.

Don't look to when you can drink look to how you don't ever have to drink again and you don't have to do it alone!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((kx85)) - Welcome to SR!

When I first found SR, I would read through lots and lots of other posts by newcomers, people who had good clean/sober time and went back out, and success stories. As much as I wanted to use, I actually wanted what the "recovering people" had more, though I do think it took a little time.

You've got 4 days - that's GREAT! I would think you stopped drinking for a reason...do you really want to have to start all over with the detox? This can be the last time you do it.

I'm glad you're here - lots of supportive people here who have been where you are, or still are.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am 47 also, and yesterday was my 6 month sober date (on my umpteenth try). Your AV (alcoholic voice) will be with you for a while trying to convince you that you need to drink. You have to separate from the voice. Look up ARVT or RR here on SR or on the web, it clicked for me, worth a read.

Use SR to keep yourself occupied. Are you in a support group? It's really tough, but you can do it. 24 days is a long time, keep going!

Toss