Notices

Lost and Just need a friend

Old 04-13-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost and Just need a friend

This is my first post here although I have been reading for awhile. I was addicted to Ketamine 7 years ago and stopped and never went back. Two years ago I started drinking. I was drinking a bottle of wine a day. I stopped couple of months ago with only 1 day of withdrawals. Needless to say I am now drinking again. I was substituting valerian root..st john wart and melatonin during spurts of being sober. I totally would finish a bottle in 2 days. My problem is I have made so many bad decisions in my life being sober I dont know where to start. I swear I wont drink then when I wake up in the am I am so down and depressed thinking of all the retarted decisions I have made as a sober person. This may make no sense but I am glad to get it out
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sobriety starts here!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a great place to find support. I get how your feeling, sometimes i feel so lost drinking or sober. But I do know that drinking has never once made things better for me. Never. Always makes everything harder. So when I'm feeling bad about my sober life I remember if I decide to drink it will just get worse. I'm glad your here! It's a great place
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, you will find lots of support here.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostConfused View Post
This is my first post here although I have been reading for awhile. I was addicted to Ketamine 7 years ago and stopped and never went back. Two years ago I started drinking. I was drinking a bottle of wine a day. I stopped couple of months ago with only 1 day of withdrawals. Needless to say I am now drinking again. I was substituting valerian root..st john wart and melatonin during spurts of being sober. I totally would finish a bottle in 2 days. My problem is I have made so many bad decisions in my life being sober I dont know where to start. I swear I wont drink then when I wake up in the am I am so down and depressed thinking of all the retarted decisions I have made as a sober person. This may make no sense but I am glad to get it out
I know exactly what you mean. My very best thinking got me here.

I kept making decisions and making decisions until I came to the point where the only decision left was suicide.

I didn't need support and encouragement ... I needed direction and hope.

I found those in Alcoholics Anonymous.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-13-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support ISad I am a psychologist and the one thing I can not help is myself. I know alcohol wont make the problems better but I dont fid any encouraging solutions at the moment
Old 04-13-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think I need to sort out my worst decisions which have nothing to do with alcohol or drugs. I never stole or hurt anyone like that but I think I lie for no reason and thats my addiction
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome LC, I`ve got lots of friends but could feel lost and lonely in a crowd-weird. Since I`ve stopped drinking I realise drinking just makes you feel even more isolated. Sobriety is hard as you have to live with yourself-but it is better. At least now I`ve got some self respect:-). All the best
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! Alcohol always made my depression worse. As for bad sober decisions? I'll take them anyday over the drunken ones I've made.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thats what I needed to hear and ty
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Any start in recovery is a good start. Seek out help from 12step groups, maybe a local hotline first. I vowed never to drink again hundreds of times only to find myself the next hour or two drunk.

When you show the willingness to live sober it is amazing how many people will be there to help you.

Please remember, your efforts can also help other people in recovery too.

Best to you.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostConfused View Post
Thanks for the support ISad I am a psychologist and the one thing I can not help is myself. I know alcohol wont make the problems better but I dont fid any encouraging solutions at the moment
if you are a psychologist you know that you can go through a local physician assistance program for confidential help and peer support.

(ooops, my apologies, wrong poster i confused you wit someone else)

whatever you are doing, you know that alcohol will exacerbate depression. it is a vicious cycle but once you break it, you can think about other issues you have more clearly. it was the same for me.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

as a licensed psychologist you also know that valerain has a lot of contraindications. taking a lot of this is not a good idea.