Notices

You are worth it

Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You are worth it

Good Morning SR
The first few weeks are tough for some of us. We are processing the loss of something that was a constant in our lives. We are trying to overcome the guilt, the shame, the headaches, the sweating, the sabotage.....
We are worth so much more than a bottle. Step by step and day by day things do get better. It may not be monetary, the heavens may not open up with Angels singing. The better comes with time, when we start to notice that our mental state is improving, our emotions are subsiding and we have a even playing field with the day. Reach for the stars and don't hold yourself back. You and I, we are worth it.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson
Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jules

Thanks Mizzuno! You are right - we are so worth it! In the beginning it is very hard for the newcomer. For me it has been getting past that knee jerk reaction to my feelings that I am not used to dealing with, with extra time I used to drink away. I've always been so quick to just take a drink instead of realizing that these feelings are temporary, they pass but once I start drinking who knows hold long I will be out there for.

Have a good sober weekend!! Its such a blessing to enjoy the weekend and remember it all!!! Take care!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drunkyjules View Post
Thanks Mizzuno! You are right - we are so worth it! In the beginning it is very hard for the newcomer. For me it has been getting past that knee jerk reaction to my feelings that I am not used to dealing with, with extra time I used to drink away. I've always been so quick to just take a drink instead of realizing that these feelings are temporary, they pass but once I start drinking who knows hold long I will be out there for.

Have a good sober weekend!! Its such a blessing to enjoy the weekend and remember it all!!! Take care!
Yes, feelings are temporary. Our lives are also temporary, so we must do everything that we can to make this life worth living and remembering. We only have today. Lets make it matter! Onward and Upward Friends!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great post to think about while I get my day started!!! Thanks miss! I gonna let all my inner beauty ooze today!!! Maybe I will put on a little rouge and let my outer beauty shine through too!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How positive and uplifting. This speaks to me on my big day two.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewHouse2012 View Post
How positive and uplifting. This speaks to me on my big day two.
Mizz sounds like u r doing great! woohoooo! u2 NEW!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Nice inspiration for the day!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well said. Bravo!