Notices

What is the message here - HELP!

Old 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is the message here - HELP!

Today was rough. Very rough.
My boss ( the owner) asked me into the office to ask where the change fund for the register went? I dont know. I never go into the change fund. Then the Manager said that the only people working where me and one other person. I still don't know. All of this is coming from a owner who cant find her keys, loses her wallet, takes money from the register without any documentation. Then the manager hands me my tips and says that it is strange that we didnt make more yesterday. She said that she usually makes 10% and we only made 5% in tips. I stare at her without any response. WTF???? There is no reason in the world for me to steal. I have enough problems in my life, thieving is not something that I have or will adopt. I am appalled. I am mad.
Bounced checks, subtle accusations of stealing....
I made a salad today and it wasnt up to par and so the Manager looks at the owner with a look of " Who do you think made the salad, the new dumb girl"....WTF??????? F#$k YOU!!!!!!!~!~!!!!
After all of that, a woman walks in with a small leather bag. She said that someone lost it outside. I look inside the bag to find...A base pipe. She asked what it was.....I said " Maam, its an apparatice for drugs. I smashed it so hard with my foot that my foot is brusied.
I am upset!

( The schedule is now missing off of the designated door.... I am so tired of this type of BS)
Old 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

keep doing the right thing

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post

There is no reason in the world for me to steal. I have enough problems in my life, thieving is not something that I have or will adopt.
well
you know that deep in your heart and mind
apparently not all others do

sometimes all we can do is
keep doing the right thing

it usually pays off in the end as the truth is reveled

onehigherpower
Old 04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

That's a cracking rant, Mizz.

Just do what you're going to do anyway - stay at the job until you can tell them to shove it and in the meantime, just let it wash over you.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

Do you think it might help to have a follow up conversation? Depending on her personality, I would probably wait a day to cool off, pull her aside and let her know that she was clearly implying that she didn't trust me, which made me very uncomfortable. I'd ask her to try to work with me towards sorting out that problem, since it's not healthy.

Of course if she might fire you for that, then she's a harpy and you should just ignore it til you can run! I guess just make sure that she doesn't take your consternation when she confronted you as proof that she's right.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the message is it's not the right place for you.
Keep working on your plans

D
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've seen sooooo much of this in the restaurant business and the catering business is even worse.
For over a decade I was a bartender. This place sounds like it's run by and filled with fly-by-night losers and thieves.
My suggestion is to look for another job. You've got experience in catering and maybe you could land a waitress job at a real restaurant. Not much experience? Don't let that stop you from trying. You'd be surprised how little experience is needed in some places.
One thing to be careful of with restaurants - they're a real hotbed of alcoholism and drug use. At least they were when I was working in them. That doesn't mean don't work in them. Just be aware. I also knew folks that never drank or did drugs in the business.
Hanging onto your sobriety seems like it would be SO good. It makes it so much easier to deal with folks that want to take advantage of you when you don't fell ashamed of yourself - like so many drinking alcoholics do.
Go for it!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think the message is it's not the right place for you.
Keep working on your plans

D
I have scheduled a training at 4pm for a facial/omega company. I emailed 2 companies in the last 24 hours. I am waiting to hear back from another company about my W9. So, I am doing everything that I can. This will work out. I have no doubt. Yoda said something about "Do or do not, there is no try"
I am DOING
We finished the logo for the Demo business. It looks really neat. All of this takes work and time. It is happening. It is working out. It will be my reality.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm with Natty.. Keep you're head down and start looking elsewhere!! No one deserves to be treated like that!! Good luck!! Glad you posted and got it off your chest!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're doing awesome Mizzuno! I commend you for handling the situation so well. A better thing will come along for sure
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mizzuno, I'm glad you're holding your head up and moving ahead with your own plans. The sooner you can leave that place, the better. Good luck with the job search.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The message here is that your boss is probably a basket case.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just filed with the IRS and got my EIN number. Now, I need to file with the county. I need to turn this spare room into my office, get an accounting program......the list goes on, but i have the logo. I HAVE THE LOGO
Should I put the logo on my vehicle?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Zee

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
I just filed with the IRS and got my EIN number. Now, I need to file with the county. I need to turn this spare room into my office, get an accounting program......the list goes on, but i have the logo. I HAVE THE LOGO
Should I put the logo on my vehicle?
I would put a small logo on your vehicle... my husband went over the top on his van and when he went to sell it... took hours peeling it off!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mizz, if you go to VistaPrint.com you can get your logo on a magnetic sign that you can put on and take off as appropriate. Pretty cheap, too.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mizzuno I am very sorry to hear about your continued troubles at work. Hope that you find new employment quickly. I know what it is like to work for a small local place and have to deal with the whims of a boss. Grin and bare it is my best advice, but at the same to be working as hard as possible to get out of there!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Geez, working with a boss who accuses you of stealing, people coming in with mysterious base pipes...sounds like getting out of that environment might be a good idea.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Geez, working with a boss who accuses you of stealing, people coming in with mysterious base pipes...sounds like getting out of that environment might be a good idea.
Well, I am taking the appropriate steps to find my path. I will be able to walk away from this with a clean heart and mind. I have worked honestly.
The questioning about the money was necessary, I suppose. It is missing. I was not directly accused. It was suspicion. Indirect. The tip thing was awkward, and felt bad.
I am over all the emotion with it. I have a plan in action. Thank you for letting me work this out with all of you, and for all of your advice. I needed to vent. This is the healthier option. I am learning a new way to deal. No to drinking. Yes to talking it out. Thank you all.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ddrayer View Post
Mizzuno I am very sorry to hear about your continued troubles at work. Hope that you find new employment quickly. I know what it is like to work for a small local place and have to deal with the whims of a boss. Grin and bare it is my best advice, but at the same to be working as hard as possible to get out of there!
I agree that as much as I support going local, there are so many small businesses that haven't a clue on how to train their management and treat their team members... Case in point: if you have not been trained properly to make a salad, the manager should have been training (or retraining), if necessary, instead of turning up her nose at you (the new hire) in front of the owner. I find this to be unprofessional and has got to make you feel a bit demoralized. Don't let these people get you down Mizz, you are way to awesome! Remember that great things are all around us, don't forget to look around so you don't miss em!