Notices

Bad dreams, shakes, sweat- detoxing?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Bad dreams, shakes, sweat- detoxing?

Going on day four. Had terrible vivid dreams last night. Kept waking up and going back to sleep just to start dreaming terrible things again. Took kids to school and decided to stay home from work this morning and try and sleep. Woke up with the sweats, and shaking. Terrible anixety to top it all off. Detoxing?
I usually go about three to four days without binge drinking for a night so am I detoxing? How long will this last? Thinking of hitting the gym.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are right in your assumption, classic detox symptoms! The gym is a good idea, just don't overexert yourself. Stay hydrated, eat small but nutritious meals and be patient; these symptoms should subside over the next few days. Stay with us and keep posting and reading threads to take your mind off of the discomfort.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

I couldn't do it on my own. When I started detoxing, I had to take advantage of the very helpful, caring folks in the E.R. I cannot stress enough how important it is to seek medical advice in the early days. Having said that...hydration is very important. I must have walked a million miles in my early days. I wish you the best. Keep posting!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Isn't it a pisser that with all the other awful symptoms, even the dreams have to be negative? Mine featured horribly disfigured people and animals. Fun.

Sorry you're going through this. You will find a lot of sympathy and support here. By day four the worst of my withdrawal was over (first two days were worst for me), so perhaps you're about to turn a good corner. Feel better soon and hang in there.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great work on 4 days!! Keep up the good work! The sweats and insomnia are side effects of detoxing for sure.. Eat healthy and drinks lots of fluids.. It gets better!! Wishing you the best!!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

nightmares - check, waking up soaked in wierd smelling sweat - check, night that seem like 2 mins of sleep followed by 2 hours of wakefullness before your next 2 mins of sleep - check!

been there mate - not fun at all, for me the length of time they last depends on the depth and breadth of the binge that preceeds the dry out. 4 days for a 4 week hammering was my last (and last) one.

no idea where the images in the dreams come from - I've never seen stuff like that before in any other place than dry out dreams.

stick with it mate you'll be out of the woods in the next 48 hours I'd imagine (although I'm not a doctor and this doesn't constitute medical advice!)

just remember it and think about it next time you're contemplating whether you can go for "just one!"