Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Sober for four days but I’m a afraid of the coming weekend…..

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi All.
I haven’t had a drink or got high for four days now. In truth I’m feeling pretty terrible. Zero energy. However I have made plans for a good friend to come and see me this weekend from across country. He isn’t aware of my demons and I’m afraid I won’t have the will power to prevent myself from partying with him…….Should I cancel? Or tell him I’m on medication or something and can’t drink…I haven’t seen him in a long time and I feel it’s a little selfish to unload all my crap on him. And honestly I’m also ashamed to admit I a problem. But I really really don’t want to drink!But im scared I'll get carried away with things.
He’s coming Saturday for the night…..Any advice???
Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

call him now and tell him you're on anti-biotics and can't drink or party, is he still up for coming. You never know he might be thinking "I've got a weekend coming up at crimsong's place, I know that means getting wrecked and I'm really not up for that"
Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you are serious about your sobriety, make some reason to cancel. It is okay to protect your sobriety....you are worth it!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cheers NapsteR1. You're right. Thats what he's thinking i'm sure.I know he's already made plans for us to head out......i dont wanna lie to him but there is no way in the world I want to blow all the good work ive done this week.