Notices

tea

Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tea

Hello everyone, im new to the room. one day sober ,today. I don't work cant afford my own place ,49 and living with my father of 85 yrs, will be selling and moving away. I have no where else to go. And cant get to meetings .I have no license lost it to my 3rd dwi .
I have been in rehabs 5 x.I just cant curb the craving, its to easy to just give in
Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi teatahvig
sorry to hear you're struggling - have you tried any recovery programmes like AA or any non 12 step alternatives??

D
Old 04-10-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, tea. You aren't alone with this - we all understand.

I drank for 30 yrs. I also had dwi's & many other problems caused by my drinking. It was never enjoyable anymore - just a horrible habit that kept me numb and foggy all the time. It had to end. I'm glad you want a better life for yourself. You can make it, tea. I hope you'll keep reading and posting here - we care about you.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

tea

I need to be with people, meetings are to far to ride a bike at night .Its all hwy around here. I wish they home meetings. I cant even get the guts to make it to church. I have destroyed so much in my life, and I too am in a fog im so fake, I cant stand myself
Old 04-10-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome teatahvig
Its good you came here! The problem w/ alc is that it has robbed me of my freedom literally & figuratively. Since I've been to AA, I've never felt freer than now. I still can't drive(loss of freedom to do so) till July hence I NEVER want to put myself thru that again. Thankfully, the folks @ my home group pick me & drop to mtgs or to the store etc. Its been tuf but a lot better knowing I'm not pouring a drink over it. I can't imagine being out there with no liscence...probably be locked up now for dwi on suspended lisc.
I highly encourage you to google the nearest aa group near you & find a way to get there by asking someone for help. If you just sit passively by, this disease will eat you mercilessly!
Keep coming back & posting what's on u're heart