Notices

Hello

Old 04-10-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hello

Well hello,
I don't know where to even start. I guess with I am addicted to opiates, and I believe that I am capable of quitting if I had someone to talk to about it... I have been taking them on and off for 4 years. It started with a back injury and now I am physically dependent. (which I thought would never happen of course..dumb ass..)

I have been physically dependent for about 6 months now. I have no one in my life that I can turn to because they are addicts, or I don't trust them. This is a conversation I never thought I would have.

I am willing and ready to quit, I just need some support, I am ready for the week of feeling like crap. I can get through it, I am a strong willed person. I just need the added support for my weak moments so I do not slip up. I have to many people around that are addict as well, there is not much I can do about them. My boyfriend, my best friend..ext...

So I guess hello, and where do I start to find a few people to lean on in the next couple of months of this battle I refuse to loose? I have been through way to much in my life to let this control any aspect of it.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KitKat4016 View Post
Well hello,

So I guess hello, and where do I start to find a few people to lean on in the next couple of months of this battle I refuse to loose? I have been through way to much in my life to let this control any aspect of it.
Good for you Kit Kat, sit back and watch a miracle happen, your comments should be coming in now with all kinds of support, U made the 1st move. Admiiting u need help! That is awesome. This forum is so supportive! I go to NA meetings. They saved my life along with AA and here! I am here to help!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome KitKat

There's a lot of support here - why not join our Class of April thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-2.html

D
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

by the way...

I am completely new to this, I have never even used a site of this kind, so this is a learning curve.. be patient please, and I will get to anyone and everyone asap. Thank you for the support!thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You might find our substance abuse forum helpful. Take a look.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! You will find a lot of support here. I spend a lot of time on here just reading and learning about my addiction. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in this and the feelings I have are normal for what I am going thru!

So have a look around and stay strong!

Kari
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you KitKat. I'm so glad you reached out for help - there is plenty of it here, and we all understand how you feel. I had no one to confide in either, and SR has meant the world to me. Congratulations on wanting a better life. You can do this.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Okay ..
I am doing it! I took over 10 pills yesterday.... and I made a choice to only do 2 this morning... just enough so I was not sick! I did not have much time to explore the site yesterday, going to do it now! I already feel stronger just making the decision not to do everything I had....Thank you all for the welcome!
I know this is the easy part and I have many hard days to come!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's good news, KitKat. Proud of you for taking action & reclaiming your life.