Notices

My brain is not working right

Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My brain is not working right

Im tired. My brain hurts a bit ( overuse)and I am very forgetful lately. I am not comprehending what people say to me. Lady: I would like a Veggie Quiche with a salad. ME: Alright, what kind of Quiche? Lady: Veggie.... With a look of astonishment on her face. Then i have the look of astonishment because i am shocked that I didnt register what she said. This also happened at the beginning of the week with my work schedule. I didnt recall what i had said, or what another had said to me.
I am tired. I think this is it. Its my first week of class.
Other than that, I am grateful to be alive and sober. Its sunny and warm outside. Spring is here.
Keep up the good work people!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lol…I drove my daughter to school this morning. As the usual exit approached, she asked me “aren’t you going to get over (change lanes).” I changed lanes then asked “is this our exit?” A few more odd exchanges and then she asked me if I hit my head last night. Kids, gotta love them! 64 days sober today and despite some glitches with my memory, I am loving it!

Hang in there Mizzuno, this is typically a normal symptom of PAWS and it will get better. Fortunately, the memory blips aren't 24/7!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you will feel better Mizzuno.

I started relying on Post-its for a lot of things.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This morning I stopped for coffee and asked for "A small medium black coffee". The girl at the counter did a double-take! Everyone does that from time to time - that's why we have so many names for those situations in the English language. For me, I was more physically clumsy. Don't fret, it'll get better.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Zee

I write everything down... always have done, even at school... thoughts, appointments, taking out the rubbish (trash) people have different brain functions don't worry about it... and yes... post-it notes are a great invention