Notices

Fell off but getting back on

Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fell off but getting back on

Went a whole week without a drink until the weekend. Currently my husband is in work release and has been for quite sometime. We were drinking buddies for many many years. After getting a fourth DUI over 20yrs the justice hammer came down hard and that is why he is in WR.
However, this might just be the thing we needed. You see since he has been in WR he has been sober, energized, supportive and motiviated for himself but for me too.
As for me I was sober alot of the time he was gone but after a couple of months fell off the wagon and got back on more than a few times. We only have one more month of him being away and we both want to start a new chapter one that doesn't include drinking. It will be hard I know but can only hope that we will do it. On day three of no drinks and trying to keep not only busy but motiviated.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yeah! Keep getting back up. Congrats on 3 days.

You can do this!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Sounds like you're on track! Good for you!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jean, good job going three days without a drink! I can relate somewhat to your situation. My boyfriend and I are both addicts & alcoholics, and last July he was arrested in another state and went to prison. He is now living in a halfway house and doing so good - clean & sober 9 months! However, i have not been clean or sober. We are planning on moving in together once his parole expires, in a couple months. I've got to get myself together and get clean before he comes because I cannot jeopardize his sobriety. I really want to be clean & sober, not just for my boyfriend but for myself. I'm tired of this life.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you for getting back on the wagon. It can be done. Put all your effort into it and you will be rewarded.