Notices

Thank god im sober

Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank god im sober

I am watching Independent lens on PBS an it is about addiction/ drugs. It showed some prison inmates in prison and it reminds me of a few years ago when I got arrested for public intoxication. It brought back a flashback of that night in jail and the panic that set in being locked into that cell. I said a prayer of thanks to the universe for my sobriety. I am so grateful that I am not in that scary dark part of my life anymore. Thank you all for sharing this with me.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

K- The reminders are good for us. I was watching Flight the other night and was so grateful that I am sober. SO GRATEFUL. Thank you for sharing. I am happy that you are no longer in that dark place also. Keep on Keeping on Friend!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you for sharing your gratitude....good for me to hear!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karissaleigh View Post
I am watching Independent lens on PBS an it is about addiction/ drugs. It showed some prison inmates in prison and it reminds me of a few years ago when I got arrested for public intoxication. It brought back a flashback of that night in jail and the panic that set in being locked into that cell. I said a prayer of thanks to the universe for my sobriety. I am so grateful that I am not in that scary dark part of my life anymore. Thank you all for sharing this with me.
I got locked up for that once too. One of the things that I am finding to be great about being sober is not having to worry about dodging bullets all the time. It's definitely comforting to just be a law-abiding citizen and not worry about the next time you endanger yourself or somebody else
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know exactly where you're coming from. I am also grateful for my sobriety today. Have a great day!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, it's good to remind ourselves of the places alcohol can take us if we let it x
Old 04-10-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel the same way. Today will be a week for me, and every morning I think,OMG, I'm so glad I'm not waking up hungover.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same here, I am grateful to be thinking clearly this morning and not in bed trying to get every minute of sleep possible before work and then dragging myself out of bed feeling like a mashed turd.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Same here, I am grateful to be thinking clearly this morning and not in bed trying to get every minute of sleep possible before work and then dragging myself out of bed feeling like a mashed turd.
Ain't that the truth.

Sometimes you have to remember the bad times to stay in the good times.