Notices

30 days

Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 30 days

Day 30, and sundown. Still very tired and full of anxiety. Though it would get easier. I guess it is getting better to a point, no more daily d.t.s mini seizures and tremors at night. I keep telling myself, "what do you expect after a 30 pack of beer a night for 8 years. Just wish the panic stuff would go away so I can get out. Took a short ride yesterday but got agoraphobic. I guess the post withdraw is delivering me a sound thumping in response to the way I've treated my body for so long. I'm sure there's another thrashing waiting in the wings for tomorrow but what the hell, it can't be worse than the hell I've created in my life, and the lives of others when I drank.Come to think of it, it's worth every damn minute. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I can see clarity breaking through and it happens a little more each day. Can't wait until its blue skies again, I know it's on the horizon for all of us.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and 30 days is great! It does get better with each passing day. Hang in there, your're doing this. I'm a newbie 2, so I know exactly how difficult it is. But so worth it.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 30 days! I hope I can make it that long, just finished Day 3. How did you fight the cravings, urges, etc for the first month? Are you just using SR for support or do you attend AA meetings?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome job on 30 days Techno!!! Maybe try and find something that you enjoy doing that relaxes you or makes you happy and help with the anxiety. The energy should return when you body repairs itself some more. When the body is broke it wants to rest. Congrats again on 30 days!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Moving Forward Taking Ground

[QUOTE=Ladybug2;3908435]Great job on 30 days! I hope I can make it that long, just finished Day 3. How did you fight the cravings, urges, etc for the first month? Are you just using SR for support or do you attend AA meetings?[/

Hi Ladybug, They are serious about medical advice so I am not advising anyone to do what Im doing, I am just sharing my experience.
I drank,massive amounts of water, something I learned in the army called forced hydration, orange juice with me at all times for the sugar cravings, cranberry juice to detox the liverSleep, sleep, sleep whenever your body says.I made sure to sleep at night, regardless of how much I slept in the day, and did not stay up late, it's depressing in my opinion.I kept a cold rag on my head to help with the overheating. I drank ensure protein drinks and ate what I felt like eating. Which was mostly McDonald's and pizza. This was because I had no appetite so I ate comfort food. If a persons craving is tuna and avocado, great, whatever it is just eat. Even though it made me feel sick to eat, I would just eat a couple bites and lay down. So for the fist few weeks I ate what my body wanted. And believe it or not, I played video games. Search and find , hidden object games on wild tangent.com. Just mindless looking for lost objects for hours. Take a nap, and play again.
Post on here all the time, and if you don't post, just get on here and read. Every single, solitary alcohol symptom you are feeling has been felt by someone here. I have found that knowing I am not alone is key.Go to AA, get a sponsor, call the hotline, it will quadruple your ability to fight this demon. I have fought my way through with the SR site and support from others. This is a battle for life, it's always good to have soldiers on your side. Remember this site is full of soldiers fighting for your cause, this is like basic training. Stay strong, stay sober. Remember that if you feel the need, talk to a doctor, I know many folks are put off by going to the doc but believe me they here it several times s day. Stay in touch with us. I also swore that if I made it past day three, I would never turn back. Keep moving forward.

Last edited by Tecnosphere; 04-09-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Moribund Metaphor/Redundant Juxtapose
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have been doing a great job with your first 30 days! I, too, spent a lot of time on SR . I also found myself doing some mindless repetative things too just to keep my mind occupied. Things do get better over time. When the body and mind start feeling better I discovered it became easier to do more "first time" sober things. It sounds like military training has been useful as well! Keep on keeping on!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi technosphere - congratulations!

I think we need a little patience - 30 days is great - but if you compare it to the years most of us spent drinking, there's probably a little way to go yet

It does absolutely get easier tho - don't get discouraged!

D
Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hold onto that hope tecno!! U r doing awesome 30 days! woohoo! It's just another 24 hours ahead right?