Notices

Reminder: Medical Advice

Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation Reminder: Medical Advice

Hey guys

I'd like to remind everyone about our medical advice rule.

Here is the SR Rule in full....

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
This rule applies to everyone.

We welcome people sharing their experience - but there is a line between sharing your experiences and giving medical advice that should come from a Doctor, Therapist or other licensed professional.

I believe we are all capable of knowing where that line is.

I understand that all who share are well meaning and trying to help - however what happened to you and how you overcame it may not be suitable for others, and may well keep someone else from seeking the professional assistance they need.

We are a peer support group here.

Please do not ask for, or give information, that you know should be coming from a medical professional

We simply cannot give medical advice.
You need to see a medical professional for that.

Thanks for your understanding

Dee
for the Newcomers Forum Team