Notices

lost and confused

Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost and confused

So I have been a drunk for 2 years trying many times half ads to quit but this time I'm serious I'm one drink away from losing everything my kids my job my husband. I want my life back.my husband does not seem to be on board with me not drinking old what to do
Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by berlinerprince View Post
So I have been a drunk for 2 years trying many times half ads to quit but this time I'm serious I'm one drink away from losing everything my kids my job my husband. I want my life back.my husband does not seem to be on board with me not drinking old what to do
Welcome to SR. What kinds of methods have you tried before? Perhaps you just didn't find the right one. Not quite sure I understand..you say you are close to losing your husband because of the drinking, but yet he's not on board with you quitting.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR, berlinerprince.

If you are physically addicted to alcohol, see a doctor and get advice on a safe way to detox.

Not drinking is easy - just stop pouring it in your mouth.

Feeling good while not drinking - that can be very very hard if you've become addicted (like me). Lots of us are doing it though - staying sober and happy, and we are using many different methods. Read around on the forums here and find the method that you think will work for you.

You can do this!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi berliner and welcome. First of all know that you can get sober, it's hard but it can be done. Have you tried AA or another group? A therapist? Do have a plan? Also, your post implies that your husband is threatening to leave, so why is he not on board with you stopping? And even if he is not on board, you can do this for yourself if you really want to be sober.

You may also want to check out the Friends and Family forum on this site.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm confused too. Does your husband want you to continue drinking?

At any rate, I hope that you decide to stop for yourself. You are worth the hard work it will take.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He says he want me to quit but he's also the first one that is there to go buy drinks for me or to hide the fact from the family that I drink. He controls me I don't mindif you drink but just keep it down no matter how many times I told him I can't he just keeps encouraging me to just have one then stop well one is never enough heavenly get it honestly it's not my husband I'm scare of losing its my kids and my job. He likes to be the one that has a drunk wife and he can look like the good guy who takes care of everything when it's really not that way. It's hard to explain
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have only tried reading self help book and just not drinking but this time I need to do any and everything to get and stay sober
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It appears you have a number of issues, with drinking being the major issue. You will have to take control of your own life and quit drinking. Once sober, you can work on the other issues. It sounds like you're in a tough situation, but drinking won't help. You may have to accept that your husband and maybe other family members won't be supportive of your desire to get sober.

Stick around these boards, you will find some comfort and an understanding audience here. Also, have you researched AA meetings in your area? If not, I urge you to do so, that's probably a good place to start. Just remember, you can quit if you really want it.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by berlinerprince View Post
I have only tried reading self help book and just not drinking but this time I need to do any and everything to get and stay sober
Well, you are in the right place to find support here on SR. You may want to consider a local support group too like AA. Wanting to quit is the first requirement for any recovery program though, and it sounds like you have that already. There is plenty of info here about AA and many of the other recovery program ( AVRT, Smart, Rational Recoverry etc.. ).
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find a way to get sober. It takes effort but is very worth the work it takes.