Another Whirlwind Romance... Back Again

Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Whirlwind Romance... Back Again

So I have been here in awhile... I broke up with my sons father who was an alcoholic/drug addict. Only to move onto a new one. Although stupid, I was convinced that he was not a alcoholic... he was just nipping his drinking problem in the butt because he was depressed prior. Don't get me wrong.... this man mad me feel alive and loved and special. He was almost everything I had looked for in a man. I really had never felt this way towards anyone. He was a great role model for my son... and an even better boyfriend. I knew him before we started dating. But as time went on, I came to find out who he really was. A LIAR. Now im here writing again lost and confused as to why I put myself in these situations? This is the worst of the worst and now I feel nothing but shock. At the end of our relationship we went out drinking together *stupid* we end up getting into a fight which turned physical... he took me and my car... drunk. Pretty much kidnapping me and leaves me 30 minutes from my home and steals my car. Now he has two felonies and a misdemeanor. But no, it doesn't stop there... he apologizes and starts crying im so sorry im so sorry I love you it was a mistake... the sweet talker comes out... and of course I take him back... I love him.... which ended up ending two days later after he got extremely intoxicated with my son while I was at work. So now he is back in jail and will prob stay until all of this is resolved between both cases. I guess I can only blame myself. I put myself in this situation. I should have known better.... But I cant help that it still hurts... On top of all that my sons father is going to prison for drugs, fraudulent money, and stealing mail from atleast 19 different cities. NICE. My life feels like a joke... And it feels like its literally spinning out of control. But first step is taking care of me and my son... I have learned a lesson and learned it the hard way.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm glad you knew you could come to SR for support! wow, what a hurricane you just went thru! you and your son are safe now, THAT is the paramount. and as you said, you learned a valuable life lesson (or two) thru the Academy of the School of Hard Knocks.

your life is not a joke.
but it appears your picker is broke!

give yourself lots and lots of time to take things slow and work in healing, ok?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Best advice I have been given was ~

Healthy attracts healthy......sick attracts sick. So work on you and get healthy so you can have healthy relationships.

Working on me hasn't been easy, but has been worth it. You are worth it too!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My best advice sweetie is to take care of YOURSELF first, that way you can take care of your son and everything will be OKAY.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Best advice I have been given was ~

Healthy attracts healthy......sick attracts sick. So work on you and get healthy so you can have healthy relationships.

Working on me hasn't been easy, but has been worth it. You are worth it too!
This is so true!!! I recently divorced my addict husband and I'm taking a looooong break from relationships.. I know that my picker is broke and that I'm not in a healthy state of mind to be in any kind of relationship.. Be it a casual one or exclusive...

I'm rereading Women Who Love too much by Robin Norewood and I have my highlighter in hand because this book was written just for me.. I highly encourage you to read it as well and like Anvil said, you had the courage to come back here to SR.. Took me a while to come back too after I decided to stay with my ex after filing for divorce the first time around...

Stick around and find a comfortable spot.. there is great support and strength here