Notices

still play poker?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still play poker?

The start of day 2 in sobertown. Weird, but I don't think I slept a wink last night. But I feel pretty darn good!

I just got an invite to a monthly poker game. I love this particular poker game. It's one of the only times I get out and talk with other friends/adults in a social setting. However, I usually drink like a fish, smoke cigarettes (which I don't do any other time) and smoke pot to boot. What is the general wisdom here? I really want to go to the game, because I do enjoy it, but I also don't want to screw up what might be a sobriety record for me. I'm being honest when I say I think I can handle it.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All is Change

Day two can be shaky. There are ways but they may not be easy. Make a 'contract' with someone. State clearly that you will not bust. If you're hellbent on going draw the boundaries and you will learn something.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skyjumper View Post
The start of day 2 in sobertown. Weird, but I don't think I slept a wink last night. But I feel pretty darn good!

I just got an invite to a monthly poker game. I love this particular poker game. It's one of the only times I get out and talk with other friends/adults in a social setting. However, I usually drink like a fish, smoke cigarettes (which I don't do any other time) and smoke pot to boot. What is the general wisdom here? I really want to go to the game, because I do enjoy it, but I also don't want to screw up what might be a sobriety record for me. I'm being honest when I say I think I can handle it.
My initial thought is to avoid but you seem to have made up your mind......stay clean and you will clean up too