Notices

Soulution

Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Soulution

I remember before I moved here, I was embarking once again on the path of sobriety. My heart was pleading for a different SOULUTION. Not to be mistaken for SOLUTION ( I knew internally that my soul was crying, my heart was bleeding and I was losing my authentic self with each bottle)
My idea of relaxation was a glass of wine as soon as I walked in the door after a hard day. I started to enjoy this technique on a nightly basis. It became crucial that i had Wine, and I was not capable of relaxing without it. Through the years I wrestled with this toxic bottle and my toxic self. How was i going to get away from it? How was i going to live without it?
Today, on my drive home, I take comfort in the fact that i have stopped the madness and am walking free from the grips of alcohol. I am physically free. I am mentally working towards the FREEDOM. There will be a time in my life where I do not think of alcohol on a daily basis. There will be a time when after a hard days work, I think of something wholesome for comfort. I am well on my way. For now, I will post on SR.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My idea of relaxation was a glass of wine as soon as I walked in the door after a hard day.
Yup - that was me too. Man, I couldn't get that bottle open fast enough once I got in the door. Get that first third of a bottle down and I was on the train to buzz land.
Turns out buzz land will kill real happiness. And then it will kill me.
So I, like you, am finding a better way to have fun.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was working I was lucky to make it home before my first drink. I had a 40 minute drive home, so on many days I would stop at the local convenience store on my way home and drink during the drive. Total madness.