Notices

Can't get over him

Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't get over him

I have been with an alcoholic for 5 years. Broke up with him after 2 years and found out I was pregnant. Took him back so many times believing his promises. I finally broke free..........7 months later I am still not over him. He wants to drink over us. I don't know how to get over this pain. He was my best friend. No one understands and says, I am over him just not the idea of a family. I have read every book and attended Al anon. I know I am better than I was a year ago, but I am still in so much pain. Why doesn't he love us enough to be a family? How can he not wake up?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

He is on his own journey in this life, just as you are.

I hope you find some peace in your life.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I waited a long time for someone to "wake up"-sometimes they never do (and that might be for the best). Unrequited love is on of the worst pains-but you will find love again. If you really love someone but it doesn`t work the best thing you can do is make yourself move on. I know the pain you are talking about-7 months isn`t long, the pain will not disappear but will become less raw and less painful. Like a craving for an addiction-this will pass.x