Notices

What is a sponsor ? I believe it is........

Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is a sponsor ? I believe it is........

My sponsor has alot of these qualities... She has been sober for awhile, we are a great match......

What is a sponsor? Someone to guide you through the steps....
Someone who has experience working the steps with her sponosr...

How do you get one? I listened people of same sex and waited till I heard something I liked. I asked them or asked them to put me in right direction. So I had to ask. Scary huh?.......

Not Really, it will be ok........

What is a Sponsor?..........

The nice person in AA who takes your calls at anytime.....

The patient person in AA who listens to your sob stories.....

The generous person in AA who keeps sharing their experience strength and hope with you.......

The person who let's you make your own decision and then says I told you so....lol........

The person who finds joy in your growth.......

The person who says thank you when they have helped you......

The reliable person who meets you at a meeting.......

The one who keeps you amazed with their incredible insight regarding your character defects........

The one who doesn't tell you what you want to hear........

But what you need to hear........

The one who sometimes makes you mad because she tells you the truth.......

The one who helps you grow up...

The one who keeps telling you let's get a move on , on the 4th step, listens to your 5th step and doesn't tell everyone how very sick you really are.......

I think sometimes we can take our sponsors for granted, I did in the past.we get used to them being there for us, almost come to expect it.....

I may get to busy and say " I'll call my sponsor later but right now I have to go shopping or clean the house or watch a tv show" sometimes I don't make it a priority......

Then I find myself all out of sorts and stressed out about something or other......

And I expect her to drop everything to hear my sob story and you know what? She does........

I trust her because she has a record of staying sober for lotsa days in a row. 8 yrs. 2922 days. One day at a time.......

If she doesn't have an answer for me she tells me where to go.
No not there lol........

My sponsor can't read my mind. It's up to me to reach out and ask for help.Whether I need help with my steps, or a reality check or just a friend, I have to call her......
I also can not hold onto any secrets, cuz they will keep me sick......

My sponsor is kind, encouraging but also a little tough and she dosen't co-sign my B.S......

She sets deadlines for me and she keeps me moving forward. She means business and If I am unwilling to put forth effort and take her suggestions there is always someone new waiting to take my place......

I need that because I have been manipulative in the past.......

Sometimes I need a butt kicking, she is good at that too......

She doesn't owe me anything, it is out of the goodness of her heart that she is sponsoring me.......

A good sponsor is a self less person......

So if you haven't done it yet today tell your sponsor how much you appreciate them and their wisdom and their time. And if your sponsor isn't doing these things maybe you need to find a new sponsor......

I love my sponsor!