Notices

Anxious and antsy

Old 04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxious and antsy

I was sober for a few weeks and had a bit of a relapse a couple days ago. I'm really having a hard time in general with feeling anxious, unsettled and unable to focus on things. Tried calling a couple people but always feel like a needy pest. Not really sure what to do and I hope these feelings go away soon. Partly, I think I do have a bit of a hangover still. Probably I need to get up and exercise but I'm not feeling so great right now.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think thats all pretty common Sandra

don't worry about being a pest - if people have given you numbers to call, use 'em

D
Old 04-06-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anxiety was the worst aspect of withdrawal for me. I couldn't sit still, would pace the house. Keep at it and you'll be feeing better soon, just don't drink.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, probably is. I'm sure it'll go away but I feel like I'm going nutty.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What about a nice hot bath or a cup of chamomile tea to relax you? Couldn't hurt.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A bath actually does sound nice, I may try that. Idk if I have any chamomile tea but I'll see. Good ideas, thanks!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aside from the normal anxiety i get from drinking. I have generalized anxiety that can be overwhelming at times. I tend to drink Holy Basil Tea, I have a arsenal of herbs ( From my local health food store) baths, deep breathing. You will be alright. One day at a time.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Least, anxiety was a huge problem for me, too. Music can help.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Try the Chat Room when you feel antsy. It helps dispel the creepy crawleys just to interact with others that are on the same SOBER path.
However, take Dee's advice also and make those calls. The people you will be calling aren't the 'bogeyman' your addiction wants to portray them as. They have been through the same thing.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for all replies. Bath helped and I kind of like chamomile tea, it turns out. I'm a bit better and have to go to work soon, overnight shift. I feel safer at work, can't drink there but I guess I can't stay at work 24/7. To the person who mentioned herbal anxiety remedies...what do you find helpful? I am pretty much open to trying just about anything that is non-addictive. I need to start up a workout routine as soon as I'm rid of this nasty friggin hangover. The few weeks I was sober I had soooo much more energy and felt pretty good physically.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Also, I did call someone and that does help. Calling people more than once a day or so makes me feel like a creepy stalker or something but I guess they wouldn't give me their numbers if they didn't want me calling. Some people are easier to talk to and it seems the person I like talking with the most answers her phone the least. But oh well I'll just go down the list I suppose.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sandraklp View Post
But oh well I'll just go down the list I suppose.
Stepping out of our comfort zone and calling people may seem difficult, and make us feel creepy or feel like a stalker, but it helps forge new SOBER pathways in our addiction-corrupted brains.

Keep working on your commitment to being FREE from the addiction. FREEDOM will happen, although sometimes on the path it may seem like everything is closing in and crashing down on us.