Notices

Newbie - husband relapsed on cocaine

Old 04-06-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie - husband relapsed on cocaine

I feel so sad and angry.
My husband as everything he has ever wanted. A wife, home, beautiful child. He admitted his problem with coke 10 months ago and had stayed sober since then until last night.
I am visiting my mum 70 miles away and left him home. I wake up this morning to a phone call from his dad as he's been admitted to hospital due to overdose on painkillers.
Last night he sat in our family home by himself and took a load of coke, then unable to sleep because of it took a full pack of paracetamol. What on earth was he thinking!? I can only imagine if it ha killed him and me and our daughter found him.
I am angry, I don't want to see him. He ends help, he knows he needs help but I don't know if I can stay with him through it. He recently stopped drinking as well and had started to be one a much happier, stable person, things were good. Then this.....
It's like he just can't live a happy, normal life he jut as to destroy it every time.
Our daughter is only 2.5, she s the bes thing ya ever happened to me and I don't want her growing up in this kind of life.
I know I should probably leave him but I'm worried that if I do e ay either get much worse or realise he needs to fix this.
Is an addict always an addict s ths going to keep happening?
I am so confused by ths all. I don't know what to do for the best!
He is still in hospital and will be there for a couple more days
Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to our family! I hope you look into some support for yourself and your child. You can't make him want to be clean, he has to want that for himself. If it's in the best interest of you and your child you may have to leave him. I agree that it's not the kind of childhood you want for your child. Maybe if you left him he'd wake up to what he's doing to himself and his family by using.

Take a look at our friends and family forum for more insight.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us recover.

Please check out AlAnon as a support for yourself. And, of course, you need to always put the health and well-being of your child first.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((RoseTinted)) - Welcome to SR!!

I'm a recovering addict AND a loved one of others who are still active in addiction. Yes, we can and do recover, but it's up to the addict.

I do hope you check out the forum ((Least)) mentioned...it's been a huge help to me.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy