hubbys home so why am i so agitated

Old 04-06-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hubbys home so why am i so agitated

so i cant quite put my finger on why but i am agitated and irritable .... feels like i drank to much coffee kind of agitated. but i had one cup today so its not that. like my kids are getting on my nerves im getting on my nerves, i dont have patience.... my daughter is playing the violin , my other wants me to look at her dance and sing, the other wants me to do something else.... i feel like i should be doing or accomplishing something... but i just want to relax and i cant.....

yesterday morning i picked up my husband from rehab. he only had 16 days in and the insurance wont cover him for more.... it was supposed to be 30 and i thought that wasnt enough and now hes home....

its bittersweet.... as soon as we got back to town we had lunch and he went to a noon meeting and i went back to work,
and last night he went to a meeting after we had dinner,
he went to a meeting this after noon.... probably on his way back now.
i dont know why i feel so agitated but i hope i dont keep feeling like this i think i need to just take the time to breathe ... a little time for me. this here is a little time for me. my daughter is playing the violin which is usually pleasing to me.... and here comes one now crying from the other one fighting with each other..... calgonnnn... i think im not the only one here whos agitated ... maybe we will go outside or to the park for a change of atmosphere
Old 04-06-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My best friend sometimes says to me "You need a Nap!"
She says it in a mother's tone. I love it!
She means both metaphorically and physically.

You do have reason to feel agitated. Be gentle with yourself.

Also, drink lots of water. I can't tell you how often I feel agitated then much better after a few glasses of water. Take care of your physical needs and you;ll have more strength to deal with the emotional stuff.

((((hugs))))
Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

we went outside for a little while, and he was next door at his parents working on his car but he just came and took my two youngest with him to make a fuel oil delivery so I think that may help. I think that since he was in rehab I was here day in and day out and hadnt had a break, and I think I may have started resenting him for not being here and me still doing the mom thing... everyone needs a break. and im going to take mine .... a nice shower with out the kids banging on the door about whos doing what or they have to go peeeeee lol
It may also be that Im used to being agitated at him before he went to rehab but now he wasnt doing anything wrong and I didnt know what to do with my feelings.
Thanks for listening
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You definitely need a break!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im going to start alanon tomorrow night . i love alanon.... its going to be once a week for me for the face to face meetings and online for the others so i can juggle my duties
... looking forward to it