Notices

Two weeks sober

Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks sober

Well I walked around town tonight and was tempted to enter a bar and start drinking. My alcoholic voice told me I won't meet a girl unless I drink in a bar and get buzzed enough to approach. But I thought about how my night would end if I started drinking. Sobriety only lasts for me if I change the way I think, which in the recent past has been negative and pessimistic. So here I am back home and wondering how I will meet people and make friends. I feel proud of my self for not drinking and my strength to not drink reminds me that I can become a mature adult step by step. I hope everyone has a fun weekend!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Ach!
Good to see ya here on a cracking Friday night.
Same with you buddy. I wondered how I'd ever be as fun, and as cool as I thought I was when I was drinking.
Turns out...met my wife at school. When I wasn't partying. Strange how that kind of stuff happens.
Congratulations on two weeks! I'm still going myself.
Looking forward to a nice early coffee.
Take care.
Scoutie
Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Scout. Keep on rockin and rollin. I hope you get some drawings and sketches done. I started a new story last night. Tonight I feel kind of scared being here alone, but I am a grown man and getting stronger every day. One thing I noticed tonight is people who drink just sit or stand around carrying on inane conversations. I would much rather improve my ability to create art and learn new skills. Sobriety has so many ancillary benefits I never saw before. Stay strong friend.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ach, Hi Scout! So glad you too are doing well and are sober this evening.

Me 2. Hey ach you signed up at the 24 hr club right?

You guys are probably the same age as my son. He is a senior at UCF. He's 22. He turned out pretty darn good considering I made his life hell. I don't think he has this illness. He parties like all college kids but I have never seen him chug or to have the absolute need to have it. So grateful for that. As his grampa is an alkie, His Mom, and His dad is an addict. Scary huh?

Thank God! Ya know Ach I hear that the kids are taking adderall to cram for tests. That kinda scares me.Are they doing that where you go to school?

Well I hope you both hang tough till tomorrow. Let's make our pact!

P.S. Scout you do illustrations and Ach writes right? Hmm sounds like a collaboration about to happen!

I sing, nah that won't work.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'll take 22, deek. I'm a little bit older than that.

Good to hear he's a normal college kid though. Life being what it is...I suppose it's a bit of a right of passage, isn't it?

Ach--I'm bringing my sketchbook to the beach tomorrow morning. I draw well in the AM. (Prolly because I'd end up too drunk to really draw at night). I'm just feeling the usual pressure of a deadline and not drinking isn't helping. Well--you know what I mean--it IS helping immensely, I'm just trying to solve how to get through regular, normal people stress without adding drunky, idiotic stress of hangovers and otherwise.
Glad to hear you're writing. I like to write--mostly stories to go with the goofy characters I draw. Heck, who knows. Maybe I'll illustrate/write a book someday.
Best to you--I'll check in with you tomorrow.

deek: Pact is well and alive. I have 4 minutes before I can check in for 24 hours.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are having a good night Deeker. I thought of you tonight when my alcoholic voice was belting it out on the main stage. Thank you so much for your positivity and encouragement. I think adderall is a big problem at many schools but I don't know people who abuse it. I kind of have to be a loner right now and develop as a full person. I just hope my future will be better because I decided to quit drinking.

Collaboration? Yea I think a humorous comic about sobriety would be a cool thing. I am trying not to take my self too seriously these days. Sobriety is fun! If I had ended up drinking tonight I would have blacked out and lost two days of productive reading and writing. My mentor told me today he has seen people's careers derailed by drug and alcohol abuse. He told me he doesn't drink and plays games too handle stress. I will be rewarding my self with some game playing tomorrow for sure.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy