Notices

Whoa! Huge realization!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whoa! Huge realization!!!

Holy cow! Ok, I came to sr back in October. October 1 to be exact. I had 116 days continuous sobriety, and then decided to listen to voices and dip into the wine. I had some drinks on weekends. But stayed sober between. Then I hit another bottom, and I finally surrendered 100%. That was 41 days ago. I ha w remained completely sober and generally happy. My realization? I have spent so much time focusing on my relapse and what I had learned, that I basically forgot that I have spent a MAJOR part of the last 6 months sober! And it's amazing!!! This is a matter of a good or bad life and death! It's so worth it! Newcomers: find your niche, your program, your sober life! Best wishes!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went over 2 years then started listening to the voices after a friend put a drink in front of me on a girls day out.

After finally just saying I am done with this crap! I am never doing it again! I am never changing my mind! I am never listening to the addictive voice again.

It's only been 2 full weeks today but it seems like so much longer. I'm loving life again. I love having control and being able to say NO! to the voice.

Good Luck!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found as I look back that the thought of a drink was lurking in my mind weeks before I ever picked up. What have I learned from that? When I even think about a drink or that it would be nice someday, I have to tell another alkie in recovery ASAP.

My slips or relapses or whatever you choose to call them began with a thought. Thoughts that wouldn't it be nice to have a drink, or maybe I can have a drink one day and drink like everyone else.

Also I had to become aware of me falling into negative thinking. When I become negative about life and have a f-it attitude, that is my illness(alcoholism) trying to find a good excuse to drink.

Happy Sober Weekend everyone!