Notices

Stuffed up again!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuffed up again!

After two periods of round 60 days abstinence I started "light drinking" about three weeks ago.
I really feel like an imposter and hypocrite.
As for being grateful, I am grateful for the sober periods and the help and friendship provided by this forum. 120 days is not ideal but better than had I not joined.

Last episode began by reading some reports on health suggesting that moderate drinking 1-4 was a help, round 30% in preventing heart disease (probably subsidised by the liquor industry) and long term drinkers were advised to continue very moderately. Well I started off with one or two red wines purely for health reasons, no mood lift whatsoever, and by yesterday It was up to six. Nuff said!

Well its start over time again, and maybe an A.A. group. No fool like an old fool but I dont want to die a drunk, even a light drinking one.

Alcohol free day 1 9.20 A.M. MELBOURNE TIME.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this is your last day one.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for the update and the honesty. Same thing happened to me every time I tried to drink like a normie. We're happy to have you here, friend - and glad you want to give this another try. You can do it, Murch.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah the thing is about the red wine stuff - it might be healthy in moderate amounts (and even thats debatable) but there's noone here who can drink moderately.

I'm glad you're back Murch - you sound like one of my mob - the real health benefits of alcohol for us come from abstinence.

D
Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I justified myself with the "Red Wine is Healthy!" kick for years! All I'd drink was a bottle of red wine--I'd never touch white!