Notices

Rediscovering my feminine side

Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rediscovering my feminine side

12 days without alcohol...

This one has come as a bit of a surprise to me. I've spent years thinking I looked ok enough and I wasn't bothered that I wasn't as polished as a could have been. I thought I didn't care.

Apparently me without alcohol is actually quite high maintenance. I didn't realise until this morning that I'm not wearing mostly black anymore, I like to be in colour (I did a wardrobe spring clean at the weekend). Clothes come out of the wardrobe, not the floor / chairs and I won't go out of the house if my hair isn't clean and shiny. My nails are neatly manicured and lipstick is in my handbag so I can touch up when I'm out. My car is rubbish free and waxed beautifully. I haven't even gone two weeks yet so who knows what I'll be like after a couple of months!

I'm also starting to think about dating. Before I didn't think I had much to offer / wasn't fussed but actually now I think that with a bit more time and patience someone would be lucky to have me. I like that feeling.

I have a lot more confidence at work and what bothered me (enough to use as an excuse for drinking) before really doesn't now. One of my team walked out today and I'm happy about it, I might be lucky enough to replace him with a recovering alcoholic, from this site I've had nothing but kindness, I'd be lucky to have one of you.

Ramble over!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

With regards to dating I find that relationships are, without a shadow of a doubt, the hardest thing for me in sobriety. Far be it for me to tell you what to do, but think carefully if you want, or are able, to emotionally cope with the up's and down's of a relationship so early in to sobriety. Please don't take it the wrong way, but it was the first thing I thought of when I read that you may want to start dating.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Shaun. There's a bunch of things I need to do before I have time for a boyfriend so it would probably be in 3 - 4 months anyway. Dating wasn't one of my triggers luckily!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I care SO much more about my appearance sober. I am a primp

Congratulations on your sober time!!!!!