Old 05-06-2004, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Television Addict-

I don't know if anyone here can relate
but one thing that drives me more crazy
than the Budweiser is how much my
AH watches T.V...
In fact,
I think the only time he doesn't watch T.V.
is when he's happily drunk and we're blasting
music...
What has really disrupted our home,
in addition to the falling down drunkeness,
is his absolute need for noise at all times...
Can anyone relate?
Old 05-06-2004, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Re: Television Addict-

Oh Yah!

That's been going on at my house for 44 years! I think that's why I like coming here. I don't have to listen to the noise.

Actually, IF I was to get into their business, I'd say they have to have the noise so they can't hear what it is their thinkin!
Old 05-06-2004, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

well, in my home it's not the T.V. It's an online computer game. My husbands whole life, work and sleep revolve around the game. It's amazing how consumed He and some of the players He's met are . He knows I don't like it. But I try to relax about it. He is not an A, he does not drink, he plays the game. So, I come to meetings I believe God will work in his life someway I can't forsee, i keep praying. My H has expressed to me that the game is sometimes a distractions for him from the issues of life, which tell me he does have a problem dealing with reality at times. We all do. I pray ceaselessly for him and others. it helps me.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Addicts get addicted to lots of things.
Around here it used to be baseball. Whenever he didn't have to go to work he'd leave and play baseball. If there was no game, he'd go to the batting cages or line a field or wash his uniform or update the team's Web site. Sometimes baseball would consume more than 25 hours a week.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh boy - this is a RIOT!!! :laugh2: I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of your aggravation with the t.v. or music blaring 24/7, but I've been married to TWO A's and both have had to be watching cable, watching a DVD movie, or cranking up the stereo to dance around the room (often in the nude - LOL!!!).

I agree, all the noise drowns out their own thoughts. Plus, when they're drunk what else can they do anyway - t.v. viewing doesn't even require much of a brain pod. Heck, even my cats stare at the screen when Animal Planet is on!

My first AH once had the t.v. on for 32 hours straight. He slept, ate, got drunk, talked on the phone, and would have showered in front of the set if he didn't stand the chance of being electrocuted!

My current AH has all these brainy biographies (yawn!) and spent a fortune on a leather recliner that's up in our bedroom so once he returned from Iraq he could sit in his gorgeous chair, read his braniac books and "sip" Scotch. So far, I haven't even seen him more than glance at Time magazine, let alone get into all that big-time reading he kept emailing me about a year ago.

You'll have to excuse me - I'm about to fall on the floor laughing about the t.v.-addict A's in my life. All I can tell you is, if it's driving you nuts, you can tune it out (I eventually did) or leave the house (I did a lot of that too).
Old 05-07-2004, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

wow. this is too funny. It used to aggravate the hell out of me when my husband would get drunk and fall asleep in front of the blaring television. It must have something to do with drowning out all those little voices in their heads!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sdp

Ha!!! My hub just spent his first nite home since Sunday, and the tv is still on!!!