Notices

Hunger!??

Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hunger!??

You ever get really hungry? Even after you have eaten? I'm debating if slight anxiety could make one think that they are hungry. As my belly is full. I'm 2 months 12 days into sobriety.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Anxiety can make you feel just about anything IMHO. I do find I eat a lot more in general since I quit filing my gut with large volumes of beer every day too.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol yes Im there with you on that. I'm eating petite meals and just getting my sugar naturally from fruit. It's kinda hard Grrrr
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too found myself grazing, even shortly after eating a very filling meal. I think it is the hand to mouth habit formed when drinking. I have started substituting a lot of that with herbal teas because at 58 days, I haven't lost any weight! Hang in there, we are still learning to live our lives without alcohol and each day is a new experience!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow I never thought of it that way!!! So true. I find myself drinking lots of water in that manner.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Dehydration will also make us hungry. Drink more water
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am 3 1/2 weeks sober and I find I can't ever eat enough. It's unnerving. I drink copious amounts of water but I am still starving all of the time.
I am trying not to freak out over it. I keep saying that a little fat is better than being a drunk.
I just hope when this energy I am supposed to regain comes back I will work it off.

I honestly don't understand these newbies that go to the gym 3 times a week. I am so unmotivated and tired all of the time.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I first quit I was eating like a beast, and my 15/20 pints of beer a day were replaced by 15 pints of water. My appetite has settled down now but I still have to have a drink near me at all times, whether it's tea, water or coke.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had been drinking awhile and yes Im 2 months 12 days sober and I feel very tired and unmotivated all the time but its getting better though. The hunger thing with me was a bit chaotic at first and was driving me nuts! I started to take a B-Complex vitamin by the brand Nature Made and the Thimine in the Complex B vitamin really took care of that strange hunger feeling. At times the hunger would come back but not as intensely. Also waking and lifting light weights helped. Also drink plenty of water and to curb hunger >>>> "only get your sugars from natural sources like fruits and bread.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dimlitstar View Post
I had been drinking awhile and yes Im 2 months 12 days sober and I feel very tired and unmotivated all the time but its getting better though. The hunger thing with me was a bit chaotic at first and was driving me nuts! I started to take a B-Complex vitamin by the brand Nature Made and the Thimine in the Complex B vitamin really took care of that strange hunger feeling. At times the hunger would come back but not as intensely. Also waking and lifting light weights helped. Also drink plenty of water and to curb hunger >>>> "only get your sugars from natural sources like fruits and bread.
Honestly, where do you guys get the energy to work out? I feel like a failure that I can't find that motivation. I used to work out all of the time, so it isn't like I am just one of those people that doesn't like to exercise, but I am just at a loss. I see lots of people that say this.

confused....
Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Honestly I make myself work out. I don't feel the best bit it helps.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have not had any candy in 6 days and I am miserable. I really got into chocolate when I stopped drinking. I am trying to break that habit now.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Take a B-Conplex vitamin and eat naval oranges, strawberries, get whipped cream and add blue berries and crushed walnuts to it that's really good and not as sweet nor fattening and will not get you to crave sugar as much. Up your Thiemine by the way of the B-Complex vitamin that also solves a lot of your sugar cravings.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am 9 months sober. In the first few months I was like you, there was never enough. But all in all I didn't gain too much weight because of the loss of alcohol calories from my diet. For some reason my body NEEDED sugar, sweet stuff (which I normally avoided) was on the menu breakfast lunch and dinner.

Now I'm past that, it was a gradual slow-down, I had to keep myself in check but it worked. Now I am back to normal, and have lost almost 20 pounds. Slowly but surely the weight came off and then it really started melting away when I committed to a healthy diet. I hope my experience helps you in some way. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes it does. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My favorite dessert of all time – slice strawberries, toss with blueberries and boysenberries or raspberries and place in small dessert bowls. Whip Cool Whip with vanilla yogurt and top each bowl, sprinkle with chopped nuts and shredded chocolate, place in the freezer for 30 minutes.

We will all get sober and healthy together!