Notices

Wow drunk dream

Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Wow drunk dream

Seemed so real. I was at the bar with a sober friend watching sports then ordered a shot and a beer. I could taste it!

He was shocked.

Scary.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fallow, there seem to be a lot of posts lately about that. I had one too the night before last and it was scary (and real) as hell. So much so that I woke up rushing to the bathroom with the intent of washing out my mouth because I swore I could taste the wine that I was convinced I had actually drunk. Whew...
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

Then I guess I'm in good company....having lots of drinking dreams lately. They are awful and really shake me up the following day.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am pushing 60 days sober and I have only had one of the infamous “drunk dreams” during my first week of abstinence. I dreamt that I was at work sitting at my desk, looked down and realized that I was in my bathrobe, hair pinned up, no makeup, no shoes, and nothing on under the bathrobe. I was horrified! I tried to make my way out of the office without being seen, to no avail. People were looking and whispering and I was dying of embarrassment. When I made my way to the parking lot, keys in hand, I was in the parking lot of a job I worked at many years ago, people everywhere with looks of disgust on their faces as I frantically searched for my car. When I realized I couldn’t find my car (I didn’t even know how I had gotten there), I didn’t have my purse, so no phone! I woke up feeling so stressed out, ashamed, embarrassed, you name it! I thanked God that was a dream.

I have always wondered about dream interpretations but this was very apparent. All the years of binge drinking, leading up to daily drinking while trying to keep up the appearance of “having it together” must have been festering in my subconscious mind, as I was exposed for all to see! I am so glad that this will never become a reality (or a premonition). That was a very dark and lonely hole that I never want to visit again!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've had dreams that I'm hungover and late for work. Wake up in a panic on a Saturday lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I had a cool dream. I had kind of given myself a "free pass" that if I ever had the opportunity to drink with a favorite musician that would be the only time I would drink again (knowing full well the opportunity will not happen lol). In my dream I was sitting in a bar with him drinking a soda and realized "Hey, I can drink woohoo" and started to order my favorite and then didn't follow through. It made me feel really optimistic about quitting.

I'm sorry for those who are experiencing the other kind of dream. I only had one of those and it was scary. I woke up so angry and disappointed in myself and was relieved to find out it was only a dream.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I was just talking to this guy on the phone the other day too (the guy in my dream). It had been awhile.

Did a lot of work on sobriety tools the past few days.

Was listening to a speaker tape that discussed drunk dreams..

I am so relieved it was not real.

I woke up with the Alice in Chains song 'down in a hole' playing in my head too lol. I haven't listened to that in a long time.

What a day.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I still have those dreams but I am always chasing the drink but never get it something always happens in the dream where I can't or don't put the drink up to my mouth. Sometimes when I wake up still fuzzy I am like Dang it, then when I am fully awake I realize how grateful I am to be sober .