Left him! Need advice/nc

Old 04-03-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Left him! Need advice/nc

Yesterday morning I went to the attorney, filed for divorce, packed and left town with the kids. I have been building up to this for quite some time. I have done all I could.. Begged him to get help. Threatened to leave... ect..

I went to a family member's house. And I have been gone about 2 days. He hasn't even text me! I don't even think he knows I'm gone! I had to tell his mom. She was coming to the kids concert. I told her not to warn him. She apparently hasn't. But she doesn't know where I am.

So here's the deal. Obviously I left town and didn't tell him because, I am scared for my life when he gets served. They will serve him tomorrow. I am sure he will think what is wrong with her? He always acts like everything is normal.

I am kinda freaking out though! I have the kids. And I have gotten new phones for me and my daughter. But do I answer the old phone?? Do I answer and tell him why I have left?? He should know by now but, I know he will act like this is out of the blue.. I don't know what to do!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't done what you are doing so don't have advice around contact with him...

But I wanted to reply to say I am so proud of you and your courage to take care of yourself and your girls!

Hugs hugs and more hugs!!!

And hang in there -- I know some others with experience around this will come and chime in to give you more support.

You're not alone! And you're amazing! xo
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

breathe blueholly. wow you are so brave and you just did the most amazing act of self preservation - getting you and the kids out of harms way. bravo.

i don't know what will happen tomorrow, but today you guys are safe!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great job Blueholly for protecting you and your kids.

When my friend moved out and then filed for divorce 6 months later from her crack addicted husband - he was "blindsided." In fact, he was willing to give her a second chance, lol. This was after years of rehabs, jail, recovery, back out, theft, lying stealing, and other woman etc. Oh wait, he even told him what her plans were and yet she was the sneaking, no good, lying, b!tch.

If you take his calls, be prepared for blame, anger, guilt tripping, etc. IMO, keep your sanity and ignore his calls for a while. That was the advice my fiend's therapist and attorney gave her.

P.S. She worked on herself, got healthy and eventually met another man. She is so happy and he treats her wonderfully. Her only regret is that she waited as long as did to leave and even that is fading as she continues to work on herself. She now has very little contact with her ex and actually feels compassion for him most of the time. I never thought I would see that day. .
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks LMN, Anvilhead, Shinebright.

I really need to hear that from you guys. It means a lot right now. I do have peace that my decision was the right one. But it sure doesn't make it any easier! I am just sick about this. I just wanted him to clean up and be the man he use to be...
I have been divorced before and NEVER thought that I would have to come to this again!

I hope this is a wake up call!! But I am afraid that he will he will blame me like he always does...