I'm back

Old 05-05-2004, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back

I just keep coming back! You all were such a tremendous amount of support in my dark times. I just have a question for you all.... I divorced my A in February and we've maintained a fairly decent relationship. He lives 10 hours away so that probably helps. Anyways, I think he has a number of months of sobriety under him, perhaps 5. (I think). I used to notice when he'd have a few good weeks that he still acted like something was wrong with him. I would think he was drinking but something would tell me he wasn't. He just didn't act "right." So he's here visiting the kids this weekend (supervised) and my parents even mentioned that he seemed weird. Just makes me think he really fried some brain cells or something. I don't know. Has anyone experienced this with their A's? Can their personality change like that? I just have to wonder if he's popping pills this time or something other than the alcohol. Don't think he's drinking because at his stage he wouldn't be able to keep it under control.
Thanks, PN

P.S. Pray for my little boy who's 2 and having surgery tomorrow. Mom is rather stressed out tonight.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Re: I'm back

Guys live and think in a cave. Women tend to share their thoughts with others. A lost feeling inside. An emptiness and doing much thinking would give that same impression. A God shaped hole in our hearts can only be filled with one thing. Till we fill that hole, we would walk about with questions inside.

Just one idea of what could be many reasons for his actions.

PS prayers for you as well. Peace and comfort as the Lord guides the Dr to bring healing to your son.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Paige...prayers for your 2 years old! Teddy Bears, ice cream and hugs to follow!!

I think the best thing about your post is that you don't even know how long he has been clean. I call that success in any program!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-06-2004, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Paige!!!
Glad you're back. Prayers going up for your little boy.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-06-2004, 09:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Paige sending love and prayers for your son and strength for you.

Hope when you post again all will be on the mend.
Love and prayers from one who cares,
Daffodil
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((((Prayers for you and your son))))))))))))))))))

Ngaire
Old 05-06-2004, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'll also keep your little one in my prayers.

Ya know, I just posted a few days ago asking when the fog lifts. My AH has been sober for four months, but he acts so weird that sometimes I think he's been drinking. It's probably two days every week, often triggered by stressful situations. He gets really irritable and out of sorts, just doesn't seem like himself. I asked a friend who's a substance abuse counselor, and she said that's very common is the first six months to one year of sobriety. She said it's diminished for recovering addicts who have a strong support network, but that others become dry drunks who continue to behave as though they've been drinking.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

yes, I'm married to a dry drunk. I never had a clue what that term meant until the past 6 or 8 months. It's all the fun of an A without any logical, tangible, smelly reason. I thought being married to an alcoholic made me feel crazy sometimes before, but boy do I feel like a lunatic now.