Notices

The disease never stops trying to convince that its okay..

Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Smile The disease never stops trying to convince that its okay..

It was a beautiful day here and my heart and mind are just as peaceful as the skies are today. I hope your are also and for everyone just starting this journey I send good thoughts and stick to it. The fog will clear, I know I said it was like a took windex to my eyes. The world literally got brighter and more clear after several weeks.

My first attempt at getting sober was June 20, 2011. I jumped right in to AA did what I was told go to meetings, get home group, get a sponsor, and work the steps. Well everything was going great did all the above but after two months I got to well to fast, it only took slacking on those things for a bit and I wound up drinking. And went on and off for the rest of the year.

None of us, I know I just couldnt accept the fact that I couldnt handle it, so over that time I just spent countless attempts at trying to prove that I could in fact drink like other people. (Deep down knowing full well I could not). To the New Year when I got back to what was working before, and fully came to grips and smash the delusion that I could drink one night and not another.

It has definitely has been proving time and time again before me and will continue after me, that no alcoholic ever regains control. Over any considerable period I would always get worse and right back to were I left off. Or worse , but truly for me it couldnt of gotten worse. I drank every waking moment. So for the title today of there is no such thing making a normal drinker out of a alcoholic.

I write this today for everyone, if your new or if you have some time. Take that minute today to remember why your here and just a bit of the bad. I need to do that because I forget the past so quickly. Sorry for the long thread today , but life is good now, I didnt give up , I kept coming back and learning. So now I have some good time behind me.

We all should have and deserve to have a life and have it more abundantly full of spirituality, mental, physical, joyous, and powerful life. This we all can have if you follow a path, of what ever you choose. For me that path was AA, and I truly just love the program and the fellowship I have now.

Happy April .. And thank you SR and AA(for me), but whatever route you choose , just choose one..

Old 04-02-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Wishing everyone well , on another day of sobriety..