Notices

Thank You

Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You

Hi Friends,
I want to Thank You all for your support yesterday. I found comfort and security in all of your compassion and love. We are faceless entities in cyber space, but I felt as if you all were there with hugs and support in person. After a night of sleep, I am refreshed and doing what I need to do to make a significant change in my life.
I just got off the phone with my adviser for school. I start on the 9th. I have never been more ready for such an adventure.
Have a good day peeps!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm retired now Mizz but looking back at my life I had some unplanned career changes .....

At the time I thought it was the end of the world (any good glitch elicits that emotion) but it all worked out well in the end.

I was back in College at 33yrs old for electronics tech training .. I had been a plumber for 10 yrs. before that. Mechanic before that.
I finished my working life as a retailer. My wife designed and made her own Teddy Bears and we had a very successful Teddy business.

I started my working life on the assembly line at Chrysler Canada in the early 1960's welding bodies together. We built 500 cars a shift. Then I would go to the local watering hole and drink beer until closing time. If you would have told me then that I would spend years selling Teddy Bears I would have spilled my beer laughing so hard.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
I'm retired now Mizz but looking back at my life I had some unplanned career changes .....

At the time I thought it was the end of the world (any good glitch elicits that emotion) but it all worked out well in the end.

I was back in College at 33yrs old for electronics tech training .. I had been a plumber for 10 yrs. before that. Mechanic before that.
I finished my working life as a retailer. My wife designed and made her own Teddy Bears and we had a very successful Teddy business.

I started my working life on the assembly line at Chrysler Canada in the early 1960's welding bodies together. We built 500 cars a shift. Then I would go to the local watering hole and drink beer until closing time. If you would have told me then that I would spend years selling Teddy Bears I would have spilled my beer laughing so hard.

All the best.

Bob R
That is downright AMAZING Bob! Teddy Bears? Very sweet. I am ready for this change. It is time to educate my brain without all the haze and saturation that comes along with drinking. I am not young any longer. I have been blessed to have a informal education with Herbs and Vitamins. I have been blessed to retain this knowledge to help others. I am ready to study, and think about things that are not in a "Life Survival" manual that is a conversational piece on my coffee table. I deserve to give myself a chance.
Thank you. Life is life, and I must take life on life's terms.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No looking back Mizzuno, just focus on today and keep moving in the right direction. Good things are coming your way!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So what are you gojng to school for? Okay my degree has nothing to do with what I am doing but the satisfaction of doing well in school and working while I was in the military paid off. I retired from the military and went right back to work. I graduated college while in the military with a. 3.89 GPA. I never drank while I was in school. Maybe it kept me so busy with work and college. Anyway I did well because I wanted it. Good luck and don't give up.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Richierich777 View Post
So what are you gojng to school for? Okay my degree has nothing to do with what I am doing but the satisfaction of doing well in school and working while I was in the military paid off. I retired from the military and went right back to work. I graduated college while in the military with a. 3.89 GPA. I never drank while I was in school. Maybe it kept me so busy with work and college. Anyway I did well because I wanted it. Good luck and don't give up.
Behavioral science. Right up my alley. I get to think think think and then think some more. I might get down to understanding myself when all is said and done, no?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Hi Friends,
I want to Thank You all for your support yesterday. I found comfort and security in all of your compassion and love. We are faceless entities in cyber space, but I felt as if you all were there with hugs and support in person. After a night of sleep, I am refreshed and doing what I need to do to make a significant change in my life.
I just got off the phone with my adviser for school. I start on the 9th. I have never been more ready for such an adventure.
Have a good day peeps!
Awesome Mizz and I am sure Rodney is happy Too!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You are so welcome, Mizz. Good to know you are feeling better and ready for the next chapter.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's funny Mizz I went from journalism to nursing to culinary school, now studying hard to achieve this "informal" (and incredible) education just like you have. I think that we have very powerful healers/nurturers within us. I am reading a book... Well, I am reading 6 books I think now, one is "the introvert advantage". It has really helped me understand and accept that I am an innie and how to embrace and work with it. ( it also explains how I can hop between so many books at one time)
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mizzuno, FANTASTIC. When you get down to understanding yourself, you will understand all of us, so don't keep it a secret, yes?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you, Mizzuno! That's awesome!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mizzuno, we are family here, and we will always be here for you. We do understand how hard and how exciting this journey is.

I think it's great that you have a plan for school in place and more important, that you are ready for it. Who knows where it will take you, but that's part of the excitement.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're feeling better today.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Just checking in on you Mizz. Brilliant, girl. It's all about new beginnings and challenges.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Just checking in on you Mizz. Brilliant, girl. It's all about new beginnings and challenges.
All is well Natty. Thank you for checking in. I'm groovin along. I hope that you are well.