Notices

Easter pain.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Easter pain.

My body feels like its been hit by a truck from the drunk wrestling I was doing with my 6.5 20 stone friend, my heart is heavy from the failure of again drinking too much and wasting my Easter. My head is hurting from the truth that if I don't do something I will just keep repeating this cycle until I die.

I joined this place full of hope and have managed to stay sober months on end, and went from a daily drinker to a once a week binge drinker I don't know what's worse its the same problem different time table.

The hardest part this time round is I know exactly what to do to stay sober but my addiction just seems to strong to overcome its like fighting non stop and then realising I can't win.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can win !

I've been in your situation many times. Best intentions not to drink, and ending up with a massive hangover the next day.

You can't do it alone, get into a program of recovery...
Old 04-01-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, you can win this. What kind of support do you have in real life? I see a counselor and it helps tremendously.

Stick with us. We'll support you until you can support yourself. You can get sober. Never give up!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stopping will be easier than what you are doing now. Stopping will make the obsessive thoughts diminish. You can do this!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe you could try something different Lionhearted... What is it that makes you want to drink again? Is there more support you could get? x
Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you know what you have to do ... are you going to do it ??

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dear lion,,,my friend,,who has always boosted me,,,now let me boost you xxx
YOU ROCK ,, and u can do this,,you know you can ,,i know you can ,,we all do ,,,
keep being fantabulous hun,,,big hugs x cleo xxxxx
Old 04-01-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh Miss Lion. I know you are really struggling. I was there. You are still fighting with yourself and your addiction, as you say, "fighting non-stop". I battled in my head for a long time until I finally admitted that there really was not a battle to be fought, at least not won I could win on my own. Admitting you are an alcoholic and there is nothing you can do to change that fact is tough. We all think we have control and sure will power should win. It is a simple fact of life for me. I cannot drink. Period. I don't fight in my mind anymore because I know I would not win. Life does seem to slow down and become a little clearer when I finally did that. I wish you luck.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If it's too hard to give it all up at the moment could you cut down to every two weeks with the end goal of having longer and longer sober spells?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You CAN do this Lion.Stick around SR and maybe look to incorporate something elseinto your recovery
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
My body feels like its been hit by a truck from the drunk wrestling I was doing with my 6.5 20 stone friend, my heart is heavy from the failure of again drinking too much and wasting my Easter. My head is hurting from the truth that if I don't do something I will just keep repeating this cycle until I die.

I joined this place full of hope and have managed to stay sober months on end, and went from a daily drinker to a once a week binge drinker I don't know what's worse its the same problem different time table.

The hardest part this time round is I know exactly what to do to stay sober but my addiction just seems to strong to overcome its like fighting non stop and then realising I can't win.
Get up, brush yourself off... and get ready to go at it again. I'd like to hope that even if I never beat my addiction to alcohol, that I at least never stop trying.
Hopefully you learned something useful from your easter experience that will help you in the future.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post

Hi Lion,

Sorry you are struggling, I have been as well. I went back to having a glass of wine at night, it hasn't progressed beyond that but I know I definitely have the potential to go from a glass to a bottle, kind of like 0-60 in two minutes.

Started out here again by joining the April class, would love some company.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm new here and hope I'm not saying anything that's against the grain of what it's all about, but......maybe try not to beat yourself up over it and look at it at the times you went without drinking as an achievement vs drinking all the way through? Heck, in the past cpl of weeks I've had several nights having a few less than what I was averaging. Slipped some and hungover a few times, but I do feel good in the fact that I'm making steps. Similar to what Womble76 said.