Notices

what happens if i take subs forever

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what happens if i take subs forever

i've been on them 7 months,started on 8mgs taking 6mg pr day now,tried to tapper down fr 2 - o mmade it 2 days then had to start back. am clean inNA or am i ?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Discuss this with your NA sponsor.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool

You might want to check out NA's Bulletin #29; it covers NA's views on 'drug replacement' programs; here's a link................:

Bulletin #29

(o:
NoelleR
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One of the things i'm dealing with is, cronic pain, the suboxon was origianaly prescribed to get me of all the pain killers i was taking.i was going thru my meds for a month tn less than 2 wks. I did what i could to get to the next monthly dose.lots of suicidial pain and withdrawl.i am on neurotin 4 pain and subox 4 the withdrawl. The subox is also help w/pain. I am f'n clean but there are addicts in na that don't agree. I hane a clean date a sponsor i work the steps. I've been clean 4 and a half yrs twice before.my sponsor says i'm clean and to give the the rest to h. P. But i'm still kinda upset about the comments made by an addict that i have much respect 4.it was very hard 4 me to get clean i hate to think that i need to pick up another white chip i believe i have picked up my last. Please tell me what y'all think. COMMING UP ON 8 M0NTH CLEAN.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is Change

Ok, you ask what I (being one of y'all') think. So that is all it is, what I think.
Ok, you have a real pain problem. You have prescribed medication to deal with that. You are shaken by the idea that it may be an addiction problem. Yes?

If so, I can assure you that there are very effective alternatives in the field of pain relief or cessation.

If you try such a technique and find that it does alleviate the pain problem, then you are free to deal with the medication and any attendant addiction issues without having to be in a state of doubt or confusion about the issue.

I also think I am glad that you have posted this.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i would like to thank y'all 4 your coments.my recovery is my passion i n life today. i have strugled w/addiction 40 plus yrs.i'm 55 &still alive.have been involved w/NA since 1990. i beleive this is my shot at freedom from active addiction.lots of health probs. becouse of drugs and lifestyle. i beleive i am here to stay this time.yo the folks that r on my side thanks and to the others i say o/well every one has a rite to there oppinion. much love and respect to all... 13SS69 peace
Old 04-09-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up checking if my post are going thru

was having trouble w/posting. removed cookies,so here goes ****
Old 04-09-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

kool
Old 04-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by 1369er4life View Post
One of the things i'm dealing with is, cronic pain, the suboxon was origianaly prescribed to get me of all the pain killers i was taking.i was going thru my meds for a month tn less than 2 wks. I did what i could to get to the next monthly dose.lots of suicidial pain and withdrawl.i am on neurotin 4 pain and subox 4 the withdrawl. The subox is also help w/pain. I am f'n clean but there are addicts in na that don't agree. I hane a clean date a sponsor i work the steps. I've been clean 4 and a half yrs twice before.my sponsor says i'm clean and to give the the rest to h. P. But i'm still kinda upset about the comments made by an addict that i have much respect 4.it was very hard 4 me to get clean i hate to think that i need to pick up another white chip i believe i have picked up my last. Please tell me what y'all think. COMMING UP ON 8 M0NTH CLEAN.
It almost sounds like you're looking for validation from others besides your NA sponsor......Did you read the NA Bulletin I posted earlier? Here's the link again so you don't have to go back to my previous post.....:

Bulletin #29

I'm an old old-timer who happens to disagree with you sponsor. I agree with NA's focus on total abstinence............:

"...Our program approaches recovery from addiction through abstinence, cautioning against the substitution of one drug for another. That's our program; it's what we offer the addict who still suffers..."

'n P.S. nobody's sayin' anything like pickin' up another white chip

(o:
NoelleR
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i am taking subs for pain dude

why is my day seem like its just going down then crapper,the cat that told me i wasnt clean thinks coffee is a drug
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sounds that way !!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cool

So, 1369er4life, have you read Bulletin 29 that I suggested.....? If not, here's the link again...........:

Bulletin #29

It will answer your questions.

(o:
NoelleR
Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Not Alone

This is murky water. I've always viewed it like this. If I'm taking prescription painkillers given to me by a doctor for a medical problem and am taking them as directed then that's ok. If I'm not then it's not ok. But there's a fine line between it being ok and not ok. I know I couldn't touch painkillers now unless I was in a state where I didn't have a choice, like being in hospital etc. I just use OTC stuff when I have to.

Natom.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thumbs up clean here

if suboxon got me loaded i would do something different,i was taking 3 to 400 morphine pills a month. 300 prescribed by doctor.suboxon is the only thing that works,w/my pain level.i take the stuff and am copleatly straght,i take 4mg a day.