Notices

90 Days Today and Life is So Much Better

Old 03-31-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 Days Today and Life is So Much Better

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post this on the main forum so that anyone who is thinking of quitting drinking or drugs, or maybe those feeling they are about to slip up might benefit from my experience.

I quit drinking January 1 which makes it 90 days today. It was definitely hard at first and all I thought of at first was drinking, not drinking, how would I explain not drinking to my family and friends, how could I go forever not drinking, etc. It made me realize how obsessed i had become with drinking and thats a scary thing. One thing I learned during this time is that I could get through the urges, I could be left alone and not pick up (which was hard at first) and no one really cares if you are drinking in a social setting or not (unless they have a drinking problem of their own, then you just have to feel sorry for them).

My life has improved more than I could have imagined. I feel better, I sleep well, I am healthier (even though I gained a little weight), I have a better relationship with my husband, my family and friends, I get much more done, my work production has increased, I learned that I actually enjoy my job instead of hate it which was apparently the AV talking, and just overall everything is awesome. I know not everyone will feel butterflies and roses like I do, and I know that life still will have challenges that i will have to face but there is no reason to drink over them. I can handle problems so much easier with a clear mind, drinking only made the problems worse.

I thought about alcohol the other day and what it would be like to have some wine, and the thought made me semi-ill. I can't promise that I will never drink again, but I can promise that I will take it one day at a time and do the best I can.

2 years ago I had a blood test done for a physical and was told that my liver enzymes were extremely elevated and they wanted to run further tests. I was so scared but I never went back to that doctor and continued to drink. Recently, I finally came clean with a doctor and they ran a liver function test. Everything came back normal, all because I had finally made the decision to stop damaging my body. The sense of relief is indescribable.

SR has saved my life. Many people go to AA or use other forms of recovery, I found that SR was my form of recovery. I was an semi-functioning alcoholic, but things were continuing to get worse as time went on and I was always hiding my drinking and sometimes drinking in the mornings. I don't want to go back to that and I know "just one" would lead me down that road again and I'm done with it. I want to thank everyone on here for your support and I hope my post helped some people out tonight. I am excited for the next 90 days sober and beyond!!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Lunetta, 90 Days Today and Life is So Much Better? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Great Milestone.. 90 days is awesome..

Keep growing, you are going to find out , that how you feel today is just the beginning..

You will be able to experience things now , beyond your wildest dreams..

Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations Lunetta :-)
Old 04-01-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 90 days! Well done.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good...My suggestion is if you do not want to try out A.A , atleast buy a 'Alcoholics Anonymous'-The big Book.....and read the whole book especially the chapter 'How it Works'...Best of Luck and never ever try out even one sip of alcohol in any form how much ever harmless it may appear or in whatever social setting it may be or for whatever cause it may be...NEVER EVER TOUCH.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on reaching ninety days sober!!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work. 90 days is huge. Isn't great to wake up fresh with a clear head. I'll bet your family are proud of you as well. Have an awesome day.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post as it is a wonderful reminder of how much our lives change for the better when we stop drinking! Congratulations on your 90 days!!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 Days Lunetta! That is awesome!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

90 days young lady..wow!!!!!!!!!!! good going...like you I do the one day at a time...helps for sure....keep up the good work...I have twice the days and like you know...it's gets better and better and better......
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Awesome job Lunetta!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations Lunetta 90 days is a marvelous achievement. on day 4 myself and trying hard to finally get away from alcohol and all its troubles.
Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your comments and support! It's what keeps me going!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You are amazing! 90 days is wonderful!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good for you.
Congrats on your healthy life.