Lightbulb moment..

Old 03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb moment..

I've been reading this forum for a couple of hours now, just checking out old posts, and it took me that long to realize what I am doing. AH upstairs, drunk and passed out, and I am in the living room avoiding a shower or a trip to the grocery store because I am guarding the door. Thinking...if I get in the tub, he'll take the opportunity to walk to the corner store and get more booze since we're out of it. Guess I added another job responsibility to my codie list, jail keeper! Sigh.

I'm not going to shower, I am going to take a bubble bath!!! Thanks all for your posts!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DAB

Congratulations! The best way to get him to change, is to stop caring about what he does, stop all enabling behaviour, and start caring for yourself. He may never change, but you will be too busy making yourself happy to care.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is natural to feel that you need to guard the door but unfortunately it is not very helpful. Hard as it is to do, you need to let him take responsibility for his own actions. Have that bubble bath and plan a nice treat for yourself, you need to look after yourself and your needs.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can totally relate to what your saying, I've been off this week for spring break and have hardly left the house.If my AW knows I am leaving its not 2 minutes she'll be in her car heading for the beer store.Its a crazy life we co-dependants lead.Good for you,do something for yourself! I've been doing this so long I don't even know who I am anymore.