Notices

mr.Carlingford

Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mr.Carlingford

Hi Everyone,

I am 3 weeks clean but dont think i am clean as i taking sorotax which is addictive and i must take for 6 months and then taper off,it gives me terrible nausea and fatigue,i have missed 2 days from work with it because of its side effects.One day I forgot to take my tablet and thought I was going to freak as I could feel the oncommming of alchol withdrawal symptoms,really scary!! was wondering if anyone else has been put on an antidepressant for detox?? any help appreciated,may your God go with you,happy Easter x
Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've never heard of antidepressants being prescribed for alcohol withdrawal.

I'm glad you found us and joined the family. Congrats on your three weeks clean.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I believe this drug is related to Amitriptyline. I was once prescribed it as a sleeping aid. It put me to sleep all right; I could not imagine taking it during the day.

Personally, I would see my doctor again. If what you're taking is anything like Amitriptyline, the fatigue must be overwhelming and maddening.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you talking about Seroxat which is known in the states as Paxil?

We are, for very good reasons, not allowed to give medical advice but I will say I would consult another doctor.

Google Seroxat or Paxil and alcohol.

Congratulations on you time not drinking.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

'clean' is a relative term. I'm not 'clean' by any definition of the term but the only thing that caused me problems has been alcohol, so as long as I avoid that I'm doing what I need to do.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Carlingford

If a medication I was taking caused me to miss work and was giving me nausea and fatigue, personally? I'd be round at my Drs like a shot

I hope you'll followup with some professional advice

D
Old 08-04-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your responses,I relapses while on holidays with family,what a disaster,but off alcohol again 3 weeks now, quit the sorotox,yes I;m in Africa that's what its called here,was given it to help me sleep and told to take during the day also,dont think doc knew what he was doing as a Muslim Country and maybe not experienced in detox. Suffering nausia and fatigue but getting a little better each day as doing some exercise just a little which seems to help and relaxing more,still a bit shaky and can be cranky too,just hope that it will ease in time.This is about my third time trying and determined this time as my family come before me and want to see grow up with a daddy.trying to eat good food too and take multivitamin too! any advise gladly appreciated,sorry for delay but hope you understand,sorry.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello carlingford - glad to have you back with us. I'm sorry for what you've been through. This can be the end of your nightmare. I hope you'll keep posting - it should help with the anxiety you're feeling.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn, yes I will keep posting, determined this time,not easy, no one said it would be, but got to be positive and embrace my new life and look for all that is good in life and that is not found at the bottom of a bottle. Cannot wait for nausea,memory loss and fatigue to go,I want me back 100 % bye for now.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi. Honesty with ourselves and determination are tickets for the trip onto sobriety. In my learning's in AA it was stressed that we do this sobriety transformation for ourselves and that worked for me for many years. BE WELL