Notices

Hello everyone looking for support and advice!!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone looking for support and advice!!

Hi everyone let me just introduce my self, my name is george i live in Phoenix, Arizona I am a 24 year old male love to play basketball well "loved" to play sport till pain meds started to control my life. I basically am looking to quit opiates for good i mean i just hate having to take this stuff to feel normal. I would really appreciate advice from people that have been there and have had success and also people that are struggling to get back to their normal lives. Please feel free to advice me in any way you can I am just to scared and embarrased to tell my mother what kind of son she has and my wife how bad of an addict her husband is, she is a great wife and real supportive but i just have let her down so many times she does not deserve a crappy hubby like me. Well please people chime in on anything i really want to talk to people like me!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no experience with pills, but you will find plenty of support and experienced people here. Welcome to SR, signing up and posting is an awesome first step.

I'm really new to this myself, I'm 10 days sober from alcohol, the longest stretch of sobriety I've had since late 2010. I wish you the best of luck with this! I'm sure some others will chime in soon with links to the appropriate Opiate forums and resources for you!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, it feels awesome being able to talk with someone about this problem, thats good to hear about your 10 day sobriety, how does it feel? and did you have any Withdrawals from that? I just really cant do Cold Turkey right now i have a job and am the only one working as my wife was just laid off not too long ago, but soon I am looking to try a taper down method, currently working on a schedule.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I quit cold turkey after a particularly nasty 3 day binge. The first day was scary, scary enough to get help. I finally told my dad about my drinking problem, and my stepmother is a nurse. She managed to bump me up into an appointment the next day, they got me on a low dose of some anti-withdrawal drugs.

I know I can't offer any medical advice, but I know that withdrawal from alcohol and benzodiazepines are the 2 that can be lethal. So depending on what you're taking I'd get in to see a doc asap.

10 days in, I feel great. I almost relapsed today, but I feel more alert, sociable, motivated etc than I have in quite some time.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow yea i have heard that benzos and alcohol are the worst WD's!! I have been able to detox from oxycodone on my own before it took 5 days i was just so exhausted, no sleep for 4 straight days aching body sweats here and there panic attacks, and honestly that was when my addiction was not nearly as bad at it has been in the last 3 weeks i mean back then it was a 60 70 mg a day man but now its horrible I have roxis all day now, i mean i am doing 60 mgs at once about 3-5 times a day. If i thought the wds sucked back then i have something coming for me. But hopefully tapering down will make them come as strong as they did when my habit was not as bad as it is now. Good to hear you didnt relapse, hang in there man i wish i could be sober right now, you are past the physical stuff im sure you dont wanna go thru all of that again right?