Notices

New to this forum

Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this forum

Hi,

I am new to this website. I checked it out a while ago when I was coming to terms with my situation but am keen now to be more active about my recovery. I have been attending al anon for over a year but not going to that many meetings. I feel I need to up my game and make some decisions.

My partner is in recovery for about the third time in two years. He's working hard at it, lots of meetings, a sponsor, telling family and friends for the first time but I'm worried he may be just a dry drunk at this point and not really in recovery. He is getting a lot of support and admiration for working on this but I am still getting rage and anger my direction and most of what i do seems to be wrong!

I'm much better at filtering it out than I used to be but can easily slip back into the game of blame and arguments and shouting. I really really want to quit all that. I want to be proud of myself and my behavior and ditch all the shame.

So here goes - another new start another commitment to myself. Maybe putting it out there a bit more will help me stick to the plan!

looking forward to sharing and reading and learning.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Dublin! I think you'll find many people in your same situation on our Friends & Family Forum. You can post anywhere you want to, of course - and it's good that you came here to introduce yourself first. We're so glad you found us - you aren't alone with this anymore.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's a link to our friends and family forum. Lots of insight there from people who understand your situation.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-27-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome I appreciate it and I had been looking around the friends and family forums and it sounded all very familiar to me! Thought I'd follow the suggestion to introduce myself here first. So now with my toes dipped in the water I think I'll have a look around.

Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Dublin -

Make yourself at home..... Glad you've joined us!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hey dublin,,welcome to sr,,i hope you find lots of lvly peeps and help,,just like i have xx
keep strong and all the best
x lv cleo xxxxx