Notices

Irrational anger and mixed up meanings

Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is anyone else experiencing this. Day 6 and I'm p*ssed off (better than p*ssed on) at everything.
Taking things the wrong way, annoyed at everyone and everything.

Feel like getting in a boat and sodding off down the Thames just to be on my own. (Wouldn't do any favours for HALT though).

In a nutshell I feel more depressed right now, than I did when I was drinking.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went through this on day 4. It's normal and will pass. The depression will go as well. I git that one on day 2.

It varies from person to person how long the initial withdrawal takes. Some are fine after 2 days, some need 2 weeks.

In any case, it's a relatively short period of time. Go through it. If you get pissed off, just keep it to yourself, knowing that soon it'll be gone anyway.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeh definitely, I have had days like this. I started with a good one today and it has ended up with me feeling pretty miserable...don't let it convince you that you may as well be drinking though, because I went to bed totally fed up, anxious and depressed last week, and woke up in sheer happiness.
Folks have mentioned on here that it takes a long time for our minds to normalise, don't know about you but I have lived in a pickled haze for so long I'm not entirely sure who I am :-/
My daughter (12) was all stressed about school and other stuff, and I thought to myself, kids can't drink to make themselves numb and forget, they have to ride it out. If they have to do it we can surely do it xxx
Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Looks like you've hit the A of HALT. Google HALT triggers
Old 03-27-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yup, happened to me in week 3. I got thru it thank god! I also think we get these feeling because we are grieving our loss of alcohol. I was angry, scared and depressed that I was losing it.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice guys. Daisy that's exactly how I feel, gonna put myself to bed I think.

TF guess you're right I'll just keep it to myself.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply everyone appreciate it.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sleep well hope you feel a bit brighter in the morning xxx
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I found things changed so quickly even the lows had an air of unreality. I think you've just got to keep moving on through them. If not drinking causes this then you've got to see that it's a good thing your stopping. I can't remember how long things went before I started having more good moments than bad but life became so much sweeter.
John
Old 03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's one of the truths of alcohol that it makes everything (emotions included) wander past on an even keel I think. Then when we stop medicating we actually start to feel some emotions again and they are the most frightening thing. BUT. People who do not drink feel them and do not need to turn to drink to deal with them.

Boredom.

Anger.

Frustration.

Enlightenment.

Joy.

Happiness.

Sadness.

These are just a few of things we can expect to experience.....and for those of us that have medicated for a long time they are something of a shock. However, I am confident that we can all experience them, assimilate, store and keep some info for later access.....cos life doesn't get any different does it? Only our ability to deal with it..... and without the DOC we are at least experiencing things in the raw, as they should be.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Going down the Thames sounds nice and peaceful or am I wrong? lol.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Your brain is re-adjusting. If you've been artificially flooding it, it takes time for it to find the middle again. It's normal. Try to do the good physical things that help your mind and body heal..eat well, sleep, drink enough water, some exercise...the basics.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yep, I've find myself a little irritable from time to time. little things rub me the wrong way. I've been fighting through it, knowing things will eventually get better. And some of this stuff predates my drinking issues. It's something I need to address, as soberity alone probably won't resolve the issue.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
Yep, I've find myself a little irritable from time to time. little things rub me the wrong way. I've been fighting through it, knowing things will eventually get better. And some of this stuff predates my drinking issues. It's something I need to address, as soberity alone probably won't resolve the issue.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.
Hi, I too have this issue as well. Not quite sure how to deal with it tho. I'm not violent nor do I attack someone at a personal level, but when I get mad i'm a freakin loonatic!