EXABF I need A coping plan to deal with him

Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

EXABF I need A coping plan to deal with him

Its interesting after detaching and seeing how seriously messed up the EXABF really is from the outside looking in .

The decline has started where as before he was functioning much better,
Since I have my office in the Condo I see him get up at noon and go in to work late more then a few times a week.

Has taken his bottles down to the level he lives in, but I see them in the recyclables.

He has moved on and is dating someone. So am I.

Yet he cant seem to detach and constantly making snide comments about me and my moving on, which had all to do with his drinking.

And more so now that hes just a jerk, cant accept responsibility for anything in his life.

Its so refreshing to be with someone now who is ADULT and excepts responsibility for everything they have done in their own life.

The QUACKING is appalling to me.

This arrangement will play out early us both living here I'm thinking.

Who needs this stress. Id rather loose the money then my sanity .
Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No contact.

Ex is ex. Make it so. He's not your problem anymore. You are your sole responsibility. He is his.

Take care, and please consider some Alanon meetings for yourself.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by italiungrl View Post
Its interesting after detaching and seeing how seriously messed up the EXABF really is from the outside looking in .

The decline has started where as before he was functioning much better,
Since I have my office in the Condo I see him get up at noon and go in to work late more then a few times a week.

Has taken his bottles down to the level he lives in, but I see them in the recyclables.

He has moved on and is dating someone. So am I.

Yet he cant seem to detach and constantly making snide comments about me and my moving on, which had all to do with his drinking.

And more so now that hes just a jerk, cant accept responsibility for anything in his life.

Its so refreshing to be with someone now who is ADULT and excepts responsibility for everything they have done in their own life.

The QUACKING is appalling to me.

This arrangement will play out early us both living here I'm thinking.

Who needs this stress. Id rather loose the money then my sanity .
Old 03-27-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I agree with Cyranoak: Alanon would benefit you ~ in learning to detach from his snide remarks.

He is an ex. You were powerless over him when you were an active couple, and you are still powerless over him as a house mate.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are still enmeshed as room mates. Things will not get completely better until you cut all ties. In the meantime, you know what to expect from him. Ignore it. He will try to get your attention, don't give it to him.