update

Old 03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Taking back what is mine!

update

She left last night. My very drunk dad decided to make me feel like a b#$&@, said it was very cold of me to just send her away with now where to go. Neither of her kids where she went wanted her there, she has clearly burnt a lot of bridges. I felt bad but I just cant deal with more right now. Abf gave her money for a room when she got there. Im sure she will manage, she is a grown women. Lord knows I have empathy, too much for my own good clearly. Someone tell me I did the right thing for me and my daughter. She has enough unstable people in her life, I do as well. Another would only add more dysfunction.

I am sure some of the guilt will fade soon and I can get back on track. Get back to knowing where i want my life to be.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. It is a shame your dad can't see that, but his opinion is not fact. You already had more than enough to deal with.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. I'm an RA and I'm very grateful for my loved ones doing what you did. I was homeless for a couple of years, in/out of jail, but that's what I needed.

Letting someone deal with their own consequences doesn't guarantee that they will choose recovery, at some point, but there's a much better chance of it happening (IMO) than if the A continues to have a soft place to fall.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I'm with Amy on this one. Also being a recovering A for many years. I found recovery 2 1/2 years AFTER my family disowned me and would have no more to do with me. The last 1 1/2 years was spent living on the streets of Hollyweird (and yes it was as bad back then as it is now).

You did good!!!!! If she has a bottom, this will take one step closer to finding it.

We are walking with you in spirit!!!

Love and hugs,