no conversation

Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no conversation

recently my ah has failed to pay his phone bill due to his relaspe. Usually I would pay it for him, but not this time. Is it wrong that Im glad his phone is off so I dont have to listen to his complaining about how everything is messed up. .

Now dont get me wrong I love my husband but he makes me crazy when he is not sober I honestly feel that I need some timr from his current conversation because I have so much going on in my life and our kids that I dont have the paitence or time to cater to his crying. I believe he has the tools to know what he needs to do being that he has been in rehab 2x's and detox several times. He even use to chair NA meetings.

Is it wrong that I don't want to hear it anymore? I would rather just talk about our kids or how his or my day went without all the drama. Is this normal feelings? Does this mean I'm losing feeling for my husband? I'm so confused.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

As an alcoholic we always like it when people clean up after us. Pay our bills, give us money, listen to us moan and groan that the world is out to get us, please pity me, listen to me cry and blame everyone else. We love the pity pot and love it even more when you buy into it.

Nope, you're not wrong and it just means you are fed up with the crap. One way for us to wake up is when someone stops doing these things for us and tells us to grow the hell up. Some of us just need a good kick in the ass!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just needed one person to tell me that my feelings are normal.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear tnwife:YOUR FEELINGS ARE NORMAL. It would be abnormal to enjoy the caos created by active alcoholism.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 03-26-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear tnwife, the next challenge becomes---what does one do with those feelings?

You did not cause it and you can't control it.

Love, alone, will not fix it. If that were true, almost none of us would be here on this forum figuring out how to heal the damage and live a serene and peaceful life.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your feelings are normal. You now have 3 people telling you.

You aren't losing the feelings for your husband (I don't think). You are tired of cleaning up his mess, It doesn't mean you don't love him - it means that you are moving toward loving yourself and your children more than trying to cope/control/manage his addiction. This is a good thing. Enabling an addiction simply gives it oxygen.

Your husband may have the 'tools" but he ain't using them. Have you tried Al Anon? It will help give you the tools needed in order to deal with this situation.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Normal I feel exactly the same. Hugs to you
Old 03-26-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Totally normal, my alcoholic husband is in rehab right now and knowing that I won't hear from him or see him is pure peace.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I Love this website since its hard for me to work f2f meetings into my schedule.