Notices

Hello

Old 03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

I am new to this forum. I am not new to AA. I have been attending for the last year and a half. I have been sober since August 14th, 2012. It has taken a loto f work. I left a destructive marraige. I also have gone through such an amazing change in my life that I am very grateful to even be alive right now.

I was in a coma for four days due to alcohol poisoning. It scared me straight I guess to say. I did relapse a few times, however if that didn't happen to me, I would not be where I am today.

I do have a sponser. I don't call or use my sponser as much as I should, however my sponser is still great. I use to keep myself in solitude quite a bit. I actually enjoyed doing thing's on my own. Except now I am actualy meeting people for the first time and actually enjoying their company. It's a trial and error process for me. I can't hang out in groups yet. But, I am starting to get to that point.

Life is a day by day process. I am starting to see all the good that I have accomplished in my life. It is just these new emotions I have to deal with and get use to them. LOL That is also a trial and error process. Except this time I am laughing at myself almost everyday and even at my past.

I am just maybe seeing what this forum has to offer. If you do choose to contact me I am ok with that. However, please no trying to hit on me, that's a reason I don't like attending some AA meeting's. LOL Because, I am not looking.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I'm glad your sober and not in a coma .. Welcome
Old 03-25-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I look for sobriety at the AA meetings.

Nice to meet you.

Bob R
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Let me be also to welcome you. Glad you're alive coz that means the good Lord is not done w/ u yet! I'm sure your testimony to others in recovery will be amazing down the road. Since I'm a guy I'm not emotional so that has been sticky area for me but since I began working the program, I'm now feeling my emotions...if smthg didn't go my way or ex pissed me off or whatever, i ran to the bottle coz that's the only solution I knew. But nine mths now, i still can't believe I'm sober after all the s*** i've been thru! I'm on probation in 3 counties all @ the same time, ex totalled my car when drunk, i'm not working...phew
9th step promises on pg83 big bk says we will be amazed b4 we r half way thru! hell yeah I'm beyond amazed. Told the devil yest to throw his best punch @ me coz i'm NOT going to drink nor do anything stupid that will land me back locked up
& the best is yet to happen so come on Liuka...join me on this road to happy destiny!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice to meet you, Liuka. I hope you'll find SR to be helpful and encouraging. Welcome.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy