is it my fault! !!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is it my fault! !!

I have been married for a little over 2 years now. I did not know my wife was a compulsive gambler she has lied to me over and over and over again she has stolen from me she has put me into debt I am fixing to lose my house I have lost 1 of my jobs already had to get a new 1 I have never been through anything like this before my life.somehow someway she always manages to make me feel like it's my fault like I'm the 1 that got the problemsI have tried to get her help I have tried to get her counseling I have tried and tried I do not know what to do anymore is it normal for me to feel like I'm better off dead . I just don't know what to doI love her so much and I feel like if we were living in a cardboard box as long as she was with me I'd still be happy. Could someone please please please give me some sort of advice to let me know what I'm going through thank you.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey joe,

Your wife stole from you and lied to you over and over again right?

She put you in the position to lose your home right?

She makes it look like its your fault when you know its not right?

And you seem to think all will be will it you were dead right?

Well #1 if anyone is making you feel like all will be well if you were dead then it not worth it (I am talking from expereince here I tried to OD once) and it not your fault your wife has an addiction and that is what addicts do they make you feel like you are the crazy one the one who has the issues. I know and again speaking from expereince that that is not love is it being a codependent and maybe loving to to much (which is also like an addiction)

I suggest you take a closer look at your relationship your wife is an addict and its having an affect on your life. I know you love and care for her we all do love and care for our addicts but when the relationship starts to make you feel like you dont deserve to be alive or happy then you need to seek professional help. Take a look at many of the post here and u will see there are so much we have in common yet our cases are all diffrent.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Wow.

#1. Get thee to Al-Anon.

Yeah, they say "Alcohol" but it is all the same game.

http://www.tn-al-anon.org/Cookeville__TN.html

#2. Lock down your money.

Bank accounts, credit cards, car titles -- all the rest.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel like if we were living in a cardboard box as long as she was with me I'd still be happy.

hmm, she's with you now and you sure don't sound happy.

HER gambling compulsion is HER problem.
HER spending all YOUR Money is your problem in that you allowed it.
HER Lying to you is what she does to protect her addiction.
YOU have lost a lot because of HER problem.
and it didn't FIX it, it made everything worse.

stay with her and it will get worse. she's already blown thru your finances, your home, your job and that's in two short years. i imagine when the money runs out she'll be onto the next victim with a bank account.

only you can make this stop and get your life back on track.