Notices

New to the Forum

Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the Forum

Hello everybody, I'm new to this form and I'm looking to get help for my oxycodone addiction.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You've come to the right place --
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scotchbotch View Post
Hello everybody, I'm new to this form and I'm looking to get help for my oxycodone addiction.

What made you decide to try to give up the Oxy's? I have a few friends hooked on those, you're definately making a good decision trying to quit.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dib42 View Post

What made you decide to try to give up the Oxy's? I have a few friends hooked on those, you're definately making a good decision trying to quit.
I've had absolutely enough of a bottle of pills controlling my life. You tell yourself things (basically lie to yourself) that it doesn't control your life.... but it does... in every aspect.

I would put money on it that less than 10% of oxy users actually use them as prescribed. I've had enough and have NEVER been able to use them responsibly. 1000 would not be enough for me. I've come to the point where I just need to start being honest about things instead of lying to myself.

I even had a friend that worked on the TLC show that I'm sure everybody knows about and he warned me about 2 years ago.... I REALLY WISH I WOULD'VE LISTENED!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scotchbotch View Post
Hey everybody, this is one of my first posts and I’m hoping that I’m posting in the right place. I’ve lurked this board for just over a year from google searches, but I’ve never posted. Probably because I was never really ready to come to terms with my addiction to percocets. I’m at my last straw with this evil stuff and I can’t take it anymore. I love the support that I’ve seen given to others and I figured that this is a really good place to start.

3 years ago, I had a back injury where I could hardly walk. That started the whole spiral downward. The doc first place me on 2x 5MG per month but this quickly moved up to 3x 5mg then to 3x7.5 mg then to 4x7.5mg then finally up to 4x10mg per day.

The one thing that I’ve learned about this drug is that a 1000 per month would never be enough… no matter what the mg. I’ve always thought that I was a responsible adult that could handle responsibility…. But NOT with this drug. Over the 3 years that I’ve been on it, I’ve NEVER made my month long medication last the full month.

The first 1.5 years of me being on the meds, my wife was also on 3x 5mg per day and she never took that much so she would help me until I got to the next time that I could pick up my Rx. I can’t tell you, looking back how bad this made me feel. I should be responsible enough to handle my own medication.

Over the last 1.5 years, I’ve gone through withdrawals EVERY SINGLE month. Sometimes I would run out a week early…. Sometimes I would run out 2 weeks early and everything in between. For the last 6 months, I’ve been telling myself that I’m not going to pick up my Rx, but every single time that the day would come to pick up my Rx, I would go pick it up and fill it anyway. The cycle continued and then I told myself that 2013 was going to be a new year and that I wouldn’t take it anymore. Well, I guess we know the answer to that one…. Here I am, almost 4 months later going through withdrawals again.
As of right now, I have just over 42 hours clean (since my last dose) and I really don’t plan on taking any more. I’ve noticed that my body gets used to the meds so quickly anymore that it sucks to keep putting myself through this vicious cycle.

Yes, the meds will take almost any pain away for the short term, but I’m convinced that over the long term it makes any pain worse. It will make pain that would normally not even bother a clean person make an addict feel like they’re dying. I can’t do this anymore.

I’m my own business owner and every single time that I go through withdrawals, Id have to reschedule jobs. The only reason that it hasn’t affected my income much more than it already has is that I am my own boss. If I worked for somebody else, I would’ve been fired 10 times over.

I sat and cried my eyes out for almost a solid hour this morning thinking about all of this and thinking about where I would be if I never even started this crap! I guess I need a support group, I need help and of all of the times that I’ve lurked this website, I figured that this would be the best place to start.
I’m sorry to anybody that I’ve hurt intentionally or unintentionally because of my addiction to this stuff, and I’m sorry to my family for the time that I’ve missed with them because of my multiple withdrawals.

I don’t want to do this anymore and I just want to feel normal again. I remember after my first month…. I went a weekend without them and I had withdrawals for 18hrs. Now…. my withdrawals last the full 4 days that everybody talks about.

I really wish that I would have seen a forum like this one before I even started taking this evil med that will have your life revolving around a bottle of pills in no time flat.

Above is a post that I think that I placed into the wrong part of the forum.... IDK